PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Sammie
February 20th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Just watching this again - a brief observation. Did anyone else notice that when we first see Magneto in his cell he is reading 'The Once and Future King'? :D :D :D

Evil Agent
February 20th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I did notice that, and the cool thing about that is that there is also a scene somewhere in there, where Professor X is talking to some young students, and as the scene fades out he says "Now, T.S. Elliot wrote a book which he called The Once and Future King..." and he starts lecturing them about it!

I haven't read it yet.

Leiali
February 23rd, 2004, 10:45 AM
Yes, I noticed that too....If you like Arthurian Legend, then you'll like TH Whites book. His life story was unbelievably sad, which may have been of relevance....I believe he committed suicide, and was a very isolated individual. Not sure exactly, but in any case he left a wonderful book behind.

Zsinj
February 25th, 2004, 08:09 PM
His life story was unbelievably sad, which may have been of relevance....I believe he committed suicide, and was a very isolated individual.

This sad tragedy has happened to other great fantasy authors too you know, such as Robert E. Howard and Karl Edward Wagner, but anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Being the comic geek that I am (and I'm darned proud of it too :D ) I can tell you that this reference to T.H. White's work wasn't just put in the movie as an easter egg. In the X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda Story Arc, Jean Grey talks about how T.H. White's "The Once and Future King" is Charles Xavier's favorite book, and throughout the comics, there is references to it.

Oh, and Evil, it's T.H. White, not T.S. Elliot. :D

Evil Agent
February 25th, 2004, 08:23 PM
LOL. sorry!:o