PDA

View Full Version : New Neighbors

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wen147
February 25th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I want to see how strange we can make some new neighbors moving into a nice "normal" neighborhood. Can't wait to see where this goes...

New Neighbors

Sammie Norman was doing the breakfast dishes when she noticed the realtor sign next door had finally been removed from the front yard.

“Coopers must have finally sold the house,” Sammie commented to anyone listening. The only ones listening of course would either be her fat cat, two dogs, her husband, or daughter. The dogs listened the best, unfortunately they were unable to articulate anything except “ruff”.

“Yeah, I noticed it last night,” her husband Jack said from his spot at the kitchen table, drinking his millionth cup of coffee.

“Wonder what type of neighbors we’re getting,” Sammie mused as she dried the breakfast dishes and placed them properly in their spots in the cupboard.

“Hopefully ones that keep to themselves.”

“I hope they have kids,” Kimmy said as she marched into the kitchen, bored with Saturday morning cartoons.

Richardb
March 9th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile across the street a beat up staion wagon pulled in towing an battered u-haul container. The wood panelling was missing on one side.
After shambling to a halt, out popped Ramone, the eldest son of the Raffish family. He walked around the the rear of the car itching under his arm, noticing that IT was growing again down there. Putting this aside for a moment, he opened the back and took out the cage of Otto, his hamster.
"Mom," he squeeled with all the concern of an eight year old boy missing his best friend, "Otto is missing!"
Inside the car, his mother looked over her shoulder at Minnie, her twelve year old daughter, suspicion pulling her eybrows down. "Have YOU seen Otto?"
Minnie pulled a long braid of black hair from her mouth, subtly flicking a bit of brown fluff from it, hoping her mother had not noticed... "What in the world would I want that bony creature for?"
"Well, keep an eye out for him, an eye mind you!" Her intonation left no doubt of her meaning. "Anyhow, let's get out and start unpacking, we're home!"
Minnie smiled, her teeth flashing in the sunlight. "Wonderful place mother, " she said whistfully looking at a plump Jay sitting on the mailbox, "just wonderful."

Across the street, Sammie called to her daughter. "Look Kimmy, two kids, and they look really nice. I think that you are going to have a lot of fun with them!"

Jack, sipped his coffee. "Hmmph... as long as their quiet, " he mumbled.

Chris G.
February 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
"Really?" Kimmie squealed. Standing on tip toes, she peered out the kitchen window. "That boy looks older than me but-."
"Boy? What boy!" Her father demanded. Setting down his mug, he rose from the table and joined them at the window.
Just then the girl came into view, dark haired and athletic, she was carrying something cupped in her hands.
"Honestly, Jack," Sammie elbowed her husband. "Kimmie even mentions the word 'boy' and you go into a tizzy."
"The gorl looks like my age," Kimmie noted.
"As long as he doesn't take a liking to Kimmie and stays quiet." Jack said still peering out the window. "Mark my words young lady, no boys until you're 16!"
"Dad..." Kimmie huffed with a click of her tongue and rolling her eyes.
Outside, the boy was peering into his cage looking both pleased and relieved. Suddenly he dropped the cage and began furiously scratching his arm pit while the girl made a face and grabed a cardboard box out of the trunk.