PDA

View Full Version : Cop shows

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

fluffy bunny
February 26th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Since there's no thread, I thought I create one.

Are any of you avid viewers of police based shows eg law and order, the shield, NYPD blue, CSI, (we can even include the bill if you'd like- on 2ns thoughts scratch that).

Found season 1 of the shield going cheap, so I thought why not. Some of the subject matter covered is pretty brutal so far- won't be long before it's giving se7en a run for its money in the stomach turning stakes. Well acted and scripted though.

Kaz
February 26th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Ooh, I love 'cop & spy' shows (especially the ones about forensics) - NYPD Blue, Law & Order, Law & Order - Special Victims, CSI, CSI Miami, 24, Alias, Without a trace, Medical Detectives is cool too even though it's more documentary style, The Agency & John Doe.

It's just about the only things worth watching, but then I usually only catch the rerun on Sundays if I happen to be home :(

Ouroboros
February 26th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Two words:

THE BILL

Still the best.

---

In other news, a 'CSI: New York' is on the cards, with Gabriel Byrne in the starring role. Now, with an irishman heading the cast, you just know it'll be the best of the franchise.

Lifino
February 26th, 2004, 10:16 AM
CSI & CSI-M are about all I can handle. Law & Order and all the rest always have me switching channels fast.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Reno-911. That is a classic police show.

My personal favorite show out right now, is a new show, and it just so happens to feature police work. Keen Eddie (http://www.bravotv.com/Keen_Eddie/index.html) is one of the most stylish shows currently on. Plus it's got fantastic humor, sortof formulaic stories but they are enjoyable and a great cast. It's currently only on the BRAVO network, where it feels right at home. If you haven't seen it yet you are totaly missing out and it's your own loss.

Kaz
February 26th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah, Keen Eddie's also cool, LOL - I love his dog :D

Eventine
February 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
The shields the only one I watch regularly.
Damn that Vic - one moment you want to tear his eyes out, the next you love him.

Dominus
February 26th, 2004, 05:25 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Reno-911. That is a classic police show. Thanks Lif, I would have mentioned it if you hadn't. :D

milamber_reborn
February 26th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Alias, 24, Las Vegas and The Bill are great shows.

Leiali
February 27th, 2004, 05:59 AM
I love CSI, and occasionally watch without a trace and csi miami. But there are too many programmes to follow to start getting into cop shows. What do people think of the starsky and hutch film coming out? I know it is a silly remake, but it does show how long people have been watching and enjoying cop shows!

Lifino
February 27th, 2004, 09:19 PM
I'm very excited about Starsky & Hutch! It looks seriously funny. Stiller's humor is always topnotch.