PDA

View Full Version : Spynn - desperate for feedback

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

MRWhatman
February 27th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Hi, I am new here - however, on reading these forums It's not difficult to see that I can get some really useful input from the people here.

I have started a new website that's a little bit different. It's hard to explain, but It's basically an evolving Sci-Fi storyline that also integrates PC Games throughout the Saga.

I would be very grateful if you could give me any input and feedback on the website and storyline in particular. You really need to visit the site as it's not in the traditional "story telling" mould - once you've seen it you will understand :)

I have read through the forum faqs - and hope i'm not violating any forum rules by asking people to visit this site? Sadly, what i've created would not work as a short story or novel - not yet anyway!

Please contact me in any way if you have any feedback - good or bad.

thank you for your time.
The site is http://www.spynn.com

Regards
MRWhatman

JRMurdock
February 27th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Well Met MRWhatman,

You're not mad, just slightly askew...:)

I went and peeked at your site, didn't download the game. This does read like a sega (vs. saga) game. It's like reading a video game online without playing the game. I'm sure the experience it intended to be read having played the game.

You're well written, I'll give you that. Though I didn't make it through all the logs, it read well. I hope you get more people posting in your forum. It's difficult to start up a web page like this and I wish you the best of luck with it.

As a side note, I was trying to sell my book as an e-book for a short time. That effort didn't pan out and now I'm back to submitting short stories, editing my book and once again seeking a publisher. Things like what you're trying do pay off if you can gain traffic, but you'll need an advertising budget for that and post where people would want to download your game. I've sworn off games and have redoubled my efforts in writing.

MRWhatman
February 28th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks for your time maus99

The story line really does start to develop in the later logs - so please keep reading ;)

I agree with you, it's pretty difficult getting people to go to the site, and as I haven't had any real work since last december, I don't really have an advertising budget :(

It's a traffic problem like you say. It's also very difficult to get feedback from people - quite a few visit but don't comment, but the ones that do seem to like the concept of the site and the story line.

Thanks again for your comments.