Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

starcrzr
February 28th, 2004, 07:36 PM
New Stargate series to come to Scifi channel called Stargate Atlantis

http://allstargate.television-series.com/atlantis/

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/index.shtml

Casey's Pen
April 27th, 2004, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure I am looking forward to Stargate Atlantis. I half suspect it will lead to the death of the series.

Dominus
April 27th, 2004, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this or not, it could be really, really good since I love Stargate SG-1, and means that though SG-1 is going to end another great Stargate show will take it place, sorta like Star Trek. If they can keep the great episodes coming, and keep the comedic value, we could very well have another 7 seasons of Stargate, bliss. :D

Eldanuumea
April 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I have always been fascinated by the Atlantis myth, and look forward to seeing how they interweave the Stargate into it.
The reason I watch Stargate is the characters....I simply adore Col. Jack O'Neill, Daniel, Sam and T'ealc......they are some of the best developed and rounded characters in any series I am familiar with.

Dominus
April 28th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Yes, that is going to be the biggest challenge to Atlantis by far, trying to introduce new characters that need to be as well-liked as those in the original, without being blatantly the same, though looking at the character profiles, they are definitely trying to steer away from that. I think that if fans can give the new characters a season or two to grow, things could be great. :D

Ickle Lulu
April 30th, 2004, 03:30 AM
they ought to have more than a cameo appearance of Daniel Jackson! :mad:
(damn he's sexy) :)

Casey's Pen
April 30th, 2004, 07:13 AM
they ought to have more than a cameo appearance of Daniel Jackson! :mad:
(damn he's sexy) :)

I'm ok as long as Richard Dean Andersen doesn't leave. Without him, there wouldn't be a show.

Eldanuumea
April 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
You've got that right, Colonel Jack O'Neill is one of the greatest sci-fi characters I know, I simply adore him. :cool: ;)

kater
May 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
Not sure how accurate it is but I read at comingsoon.net a few months back that series 8 of Stargate will be the last although they may do a movie, don't quote me but don't be surprised either.

Dominus
May 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah, they were going to make a film, but I don't think that worked out so they might be doing a TV-movie to hand over the torch.