View Full Version : New Film of The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Leiali
March 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Has anyone heard anything more about this?
It was on the BBC news one morning. Apparantly the production company that did the LOTR trilogy is going to have a stab at it. I still have fond memories of the BBC series where Aslan was an incredible machine ( like the animals on The Story teller - another marvellous series)..If LOTR is anything to go by this should be amazing!

Daneel
March 5th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Wotcha Leiali...

Last I heard the LWW film is now due for a christmas 2005 release. It's being filmed and produced in New Zealand, much like the LoTR films.

I did read most of the books, but a long time ago and barely remember any of them now. Didn't really see any of the BBC series, although I recall the image of the 'mechanical' Aslan.

Considering the production team, and their record, I would certainly be interested in seeing the films. The usual 'hype machine' should kick off about 6 months before release so, I shall wait and see.

Dominus
March 5th, 2004, 02:49 PM
LOL, I've heard Disney is making an animated version of it, guess everyone wants a piece of this new pie LotR sorta created, suprise, suprise.

Frostmourne
March 5th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I very much dislike that book. Very much.

Evil Agent
March 5th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Frosty, you're hilarious!

Anyway, I don't think Disney is making an animated version... there's ALREADY an animated version. But who knows, maybe they're remaking it.

But yes, these movies have been in the news for a while now. I think I actually started a thread in this forum already, called "Narnia - The Movies". There hasn't been too much news on it yet, but I do know that WETA is in charge of effects (The guys who did LOTR). I loved the books as a kid, so obviously I have HIGH hopes!!!

Frostmourne
March 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Haha, the guy from WETA workshops who was in all the LOTR special features had the most annoying voice.

Evil Agent
March 6th, 2004, 10:17 PM
LOL, I know..Richard Taylor.. he's amazing, a true genius of his craft, but yes he had a loud voice with almost no modulation of tone!

Leiali
March 8th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Sorry EA, I should have done a search. I loved the books too..Hopefully the filmswill be a feast for the eyes.

Evil Agent
March 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Don't be sorry Leiali!!! Actually I tried to find that old thread and couldn't see it anywhere (it must have disappeared).

I just found out that the movies are being produced by Disney... not sure what I think of that. Overall I'd say that's a bad thing, BUT Disney just did Pirates of the Carribean and it was pretty cool. Still, I'm a bit worried........:(

Leiali
March 9th, 2004, 11:05 AM
And they did Finding Nemo, which I haven't seen but everyone who has that I know has raved about it (I have a Nemo and Puffa fish on my computer at work as I write!)...I generally like Disney, and I imagine they will do their best with it.

On a bit of a different tack, has anyone seen Shadowlands? About CS Lewis. That is my 'bawling' movie. There is a particular scene with his step son....Well, it makes me cry every time.