View Full Version : I'd like to start a writer's group

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Forrest
March 10th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Hello writers,

I see a lot of people asking for feedback on their work, and I find myself wishing I had someone to read my work as well, to give a more non-me opinion. :) Also, I'd like to have a few writer friends with whom to bandy about ideas with. (whoa, did that sentence make any sense?)

I think there is difficulty getting insightful feedback because there are hundreds of writers and we can't all possibly read each other's work and expect to have day jobs, lives, and actually finish our own work as well.

So I am starting a small, four person writer's group that consists of myself and three other writers. I encourage others to do the same. We will share samples and chapters from whatever we are working on, and we can discuss ideas, grammar, and just anything in general. If you are interested in being one of the three writers, send me an e-mail at forrestkyle@hotmail.com.

You can leave the group at any time, and you will be replaced by anyone else who wants to get in.

The name of my writer's group is The PenDragons.

This is not a good group for you if you are not serious about writing or finishing your work. I have never finished a book, so I shouldn't run my mouth, but then again I'm only 22. I am working on a story right now that I will finish come hell or high water. I am excited about its progress so far.

I am "the leader" of the PenDragons, but the title comes with very little responsability or prestige. =) It basically just means that I started the group. hehe.

So if you'd like to be in a writer's circle of this kind, please e-mail me and we can get to know each other a bit. I think a creative support group like this would be a good sounding board for material and ideas. None of us have to actually incorporate any criticism into our work, but I still feel such feedback is positive.

Hope to hear from you!

Forrest
forrestkyle@hotmail.com