PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hospital

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kray3
March 11th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Kingdom Hospital (http://kingdomhospitalofmaine.com/)

Anyone watch the either of the first two episodes? Thoughts on them?

If you don't know what it is here is ABC's blurb about it

Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital is the haunting new 15-hour drama series created directly for television by the award-winning, bestselling master of horror. Using Lars Von Trier's Danish miniseries Riget (a.k.a. The Kingdom) as a point of inspiration, King tells the terrifying story of The Kingdom, a hospital with a bizarre population that includes a nearly blind security guard, a nurse who regularly faints at the sight of blood and a paraplegic artist whose recovery is a step beyond miraculous. When patients and staff hear the tortured voice of a little girl crying through the halls, they are dismissive of any suggestion of mysticism or unseen powers but at their own peril.

Here in the states, its on ABC - Wed. Night 10pm Eastern.

My opinions on the first two episodes, the show is starting out a little slow, not all that much happening so far but from the previews it should start to pick up with the third episode. I guess this is like most books, first few chapters are a little slower introducing all the characters and settings. The special effects are well done and over used like in alot of today's shows. I will continue to watch the series.

Btw.. did anyone catch the Dark Tower Reference? I saw one, whether or not there are others i missed...

Edit. Added the website

AuntiePam
March 11th, 2004, 10:08 AM
I saw the first episode but missed the second one, so I'm glad to hear they're moving slowly. :)

I hope they spend a minute or two developing the characters into people that we can care about. Otherwise it's just an exercise in special effects and directing spooky scenes.