View Full Version : Hell Boy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

juzzza
March 11th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Alright, this has been mentioned in a few other posts but I feel the time is right to dedicate a thread to the imminent HELL BOY... I saw the trailer on 'The Missing' DVD and was blown away... Looks awesome!!!

The Trailer (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/hellboy/)

http://www.universohq.com/cinema/images/hellboy_filme.jpg

Zsinj
March 11th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I've seen the trailer too, and it looks pretty awesome! I'm definitely going to see it! Plus the soundtrack of it includes the song "Progenies of the Great Apocolypse" from one of my favorite melodic black metal bands, Dimmu Borgir! I can't wait! :D

Dominus
March 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I've seen the trailer a couple of times on Quicktime, looks really cool, looks like one of those movies that I wish could be real, and I usually like those, one of the few movies I'll be able to go see. :)

Ouroboros
March 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Good call on a Hellboy thread, Juzzza....

---

Given the source material, casting, director and great trailer, we've got every right to be hopeful about this movie. All the stars are alligned just right for this to be fantastic.

Ron is the perfect choice for the role as well. As a genre veteran, he deserves a bit of the limelight as well ... even if it is under loads of heavy prosthetics.

Oorag
March 12th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Hellboy has been a hotly anticipated movie for my circle of friends. Can't wait!

juzzza
March 12th, 2004, 04:39 AM
What else has Ron been in, TV or otherwise?

There are some great movies coming out:

Gothika
Van Helsing
Hellboy
The Riddick Chronicles (can't wait for these, I LOVED Pitch Black)
Spiderman 2
Star Wars III
Troy
Arthur
Punisher (not sure about this one)
X-Men 3 (or a Wolverine spin-off)

Ah, I love movies...

kahnovitch
March 12th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Kater brought this to my attentiona while back. Siunds like a fun film as I like anti-hero types and I think Ron Perlman deserves a lead after playing side-saddle to Wesley Snipes etc.
I look forward to it.

Originally posted by juzzza
What else has Ron been in, TV or otherwise?

His biggest TV role I know of was as The Beast in "Beauty and the Beast" with Linda Hamilton.

Also looking forward to the Riddick Chonicles as IMO Vin's been in nothing noteworthy since Pitch Black.

Evil Agent
March 12th, 2004, 02:25 PM
All I could think was that it looked like a rip off of Xmen! Especially when one character said "Us Freaks have to stick together!" It sounded like Freaks=Mutants.

Ouroboros
March 12th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I was puzzled until I thought maybe you are referring to the use of silvery lettering on the Hell Boy trailer?

Both started life as comics, of course, but beyond that, there should be little or no similarity...

...unless the movie diverges from its source material (which there was little evidence of in the trailer).

Evil Agent
March 12th, 2004, 07:58 PM
As the Edited post above now says, I thought it looked like Freaks/Mutants who were ostracized from society, and had special powers, and formed some kind of team, much like the X-Men... am I way off? What IS it about?