PDA

View Full Version : Vacancy ~ Adventurer

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]

kongming
March 25th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Mr. Mayor:

My name is Rahid Zaj. I am an executor of a portion of Master Sleeping Dragon Prime Minister of The Han Zhuge Liang's wealth. I am applying for a business license for The Mandalu Intrepid Agency. I will be arriving in one day. I would appreciate very much if all necessary paperwork can be prepared. Also if you can provide me with contact information for any available offices that would be appreciated. I am sending this message with my faithful servant Niju. He is a well trained eagle and he will bring any messages back to me.

Thank you

Rahid Zaj
Merchant.

Expendable
March 25th, 2005, 10:51 PM
To all Mediums:

Greetings. This is Sleeping Dragon. If you receive a client answering an advertisement from myself please give them the following message:

Please see Rahid Zaj in Hull City to negotiate for payment.

"What is it you seek?" a harsh voice demanded.
"I want to speak to Zhuge Liang," Paris said suspictiously, studying the bowed head of the medium. She had dandruff flakes among her russet roots.
"Don't ask for much, do you?" the voice mocked.
"Explain," he demanded.
"Everyone wants to talk to him!" the voice laughed. Cassandra's head rose but there was something wrong with how she looked. Her mouth curled scornfully. Someone else was speaking through her. "Don't know if he'd want to talk to you - but it doesn't matter anyway."
"Why? Has something happened?"
"Yeah, he's not talking. He's busy." Malice glittered in the girl's eyes.
"I don't understand," Paris growled. "This is how I was told to reach him."
"Well he's changed his mind," the voice scoffed, looking him up and down. "If you're looking for Zhuge Liang, you must seek out Rahid Zaj."
"Who is he?"
"A distant traveler."
"Fine, let me speak to him."
"Oh, shall I just run out to fetch him?"
"If he's the one I'm suppose to talk to, yes," Paris stated flatly.
"He's in a meeting and I can't disturb him," the voice said gibly, an unpleasant smile on the girl's face. "But have no fear, Rahid Zaj is coming here, to Hull City."
"When does he arrive?"
"Oh, tomorrow I expect," it said, leaning the medium's body back. "North Gate. You'll want to be there early."
"Tomorrow, the North Gate. You are certain?"
"Would I lie to you?" the voice smirked. "Foolish game this, foolish game!"

Paris' brow furled but before he could demand answers, the medium's head bowed abruptly and then jerked up. Her face was her own, whatever had occupied her was gone.
"Mr. Paris!" Cassandra gasped, freeing her right hand to from his to lay against her chest. "Did you speak with him?"
"No, he wasn't taking messages," he said, releasing her other hand. He stood up grimly, then glanced back at her. The medium's face was pale.
"You did well," he stated, producing a small bag that jingled when he shook it. "I am to meet someone tomorrow. I hope this will be sufficent."

Cassandra caught the tossed bag and nodded. "Yes, very."
"Good evening then," the assassin stated flatly, turning on his heel and stepping out of the room. She could hear the front door open and close.

She rose from the table and darted to a window to watch the assassin walking away before glancing down at the bag she clutched in her hand.
"I've got a bad feeling about this," she sighed.

kongming
March 28th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Mr. Mayor:

I have yet to receive a reply from your offices. If I do not get one by the time that I arrive I will assume that all papers are in order and will set out to find a suibtable landlord myself.

Thank you

Rahid Zaj
Merchant.

Expendable
March 29th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Mr. Mayor:

My name is Rahid Zaj. I am an executor of a portion of Master Sleeping Dragon Prime Minister of The Han Zhuge Liang's wealth. I am applying for a business license for The Mandalu Intrepid Agency. I will be arriving in one day. I would appreciate very much if all necessary paperwork can be prepared. Also if you can provide me with contact information for any available offices that would be appreciated. I am sending this message with my faithful servant Niju. He is a well trained eagle and he will bring any messages back to me.

Thank you

Rahid Zaj
Merchant.

Cassandra sighed as she stepped into the Mayor's outer office.
"You're not going to believe what happened to me last..." she began.
"We got another letter."
"From Zhuge Laing?"
"Not quite," Sebastian smiled, handing her the letter. "An associate of his, one Rahid Zaj. He's expecting our assistance in drafting a business license for his agency."
"Well, he certainly believes in going to the top," Cassandra frowned, her eyes rapidly scanning the page.
"As if its expected," Sebastian sighed, bowing his head slightly as he folded his arms. "This Zhuge Laing worries me."
"And 'Lovable Rogue' didn't?" she retorted, glancing at him.
"At least whatever it was they were up to was done outside the town walls."
"So what do you want to do?"
"I think," Sebastian smiled, looking up at her with a michevious twinkle in his eye, "I'd really love for you to take a letter...."

An hour later, Niju was winging his way back to his master, a letter tightly rolled in his carry-pouch on his leg.

"Greetings and salutitations to the most noble Rajid Zug.

We thank you for your kind missive and stand ready to receive you. With suitible letters of reference and some modest paperwork, we believe that it should be possible to issue you a probationary license today. Also to assist you in your efforts, we shall secure a reputable broker who can help you secure a suitable location.

Your obedient servant,
Sebastian Montague, Lord Mayor."

kongming
March 31st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Dear Mr. Sabastion Capulette, Mayor of Hull City:

Thank you for your kind regards, and for your help. I would like to meet with you so that I can cover all costs incrued so far. Also I would like to contribute to the town's Local Business Council.

Let me know when you desire a meeting.

Rahid Zaj

Merchant.