PDA

View Full Version : Can you name this book?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

ZombieQueen
March 16th, 2004, 10:15 PM
There is a book I read about 3 years ago, it's more of a book for a young teen I think, and I can't remember the name of it. I checked it out at my school library and when I went back to look for it I found nothing! I think it may be a series, not sure though.
Everyone lives in domes (except there are some people who live in the wild) and the people who live in these domes have to have a pack...I think? and I think they had to shave their heads to go to some place in their head or something....anyway, One kid (or maybe 2) traveled outside of the city for the first time (kicked out or escaped I don't know) and when they discovered that the air and everything was okay and safe( I think they moved into the domes in the first place because of acid rain) then the kid decides he wants to save the city

I think I gave the right discription, some of it may sound like The Tripod series...but that's not it, somewhat like it though...does anyone know the name of the book? For some reason it is just annoying me to no end! I think I promised myself I would read the whole series (if it is a series) when I found it...

confused
March 19th, 2004, 09:31 AM
blast, you've really sent the bells ringing ! Could it be something by Monica Hughes ? I do remember the book, particularly the shaved heads, and I have a vague recollection that there were two kids, a boy and a girl (not that that's terribly unusual). Sorry I can't be of more help. :confused: