View Full Version : Well I never!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Holbrook
March 19th, 2004, 01:58 AM
For three years I have submitted pieces to the onlinewritingworkshop right since the days it was sponsered by Delrey

Had my teeth kicked in so many times *sigh* But, well, the last piece I put up has been selected as Editors' Choice and will be reviewed in their next Newsletter!!!!

http://sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com

Erebus
March 19th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Hey, that's great news! Well done, Hol.

JRMurdock
March 19th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Stop the Presses!

professionals in the speculative-fiction field with many prizes to their names, choose one submission in each of four categories every month and write reviews you can learn from

Does this mean the writing was so good that you can learn from it, or so bad they wanted you to learn from all the mistakes?

Just razzing ya...:)

Holbrook
March 19th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Thank you Erebus

Thanks Maus99, I think;)

Will see tomorrow when the newsletter comes out.... :eek:

choppy
March 19th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Holbrook!

I was a member there (since the time when is was hosted by Del Rey). I posted as Charles James. Unfortunately this year I am financially not able to keep up my membership.

Anyways, given the number of submissions that the site gets and the quality of the writing that I have seen posted up there, this award is quite an honour.

Cheers!

Holbrook
March 19th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by choppy
Congratulations Holbrook!

I was a member there (since the time when is was hosted by Del Rey). I posted as Charles James. Unfortunately this year I am financially not able to keep up my membership.

Anyways, given the number of submissions that the site gets and the quality of the writing that I have seen posted up there, this award is quite an honour.

Cheers!

Thanks Choppy, its something I never thought I would get in my wildest dreams... this is from the newletter concerning the editors' choices

EDITORS' CHOICES - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

The Editors' Choices are chosen from the submissions from the previous month that show the most potential or otherwise earn the admiration of our Resident Editors. Submissions in four categories -- SF, F, horror, and short stories -- receive a detailed review, meant to be educational for others as well as the author.

Reviews are written by our Resident Editors, award-winning authors and instructors Jeanne Cavelos, James Patrick Kelly, and Kelly Link, and by experienced science-fiction and fantasy editor Jenni Smith-Gaynor.

El_Pollo_Diablo
March 20th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Congrats Holbrook :)
I checked out the link to the website (which is a very nice resource, BTW). I don't suppose you would consider sharing this story with the rest of us? I'm interested in reading a potential Editor's Choice caliber story :D.

Rira
March 20th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Ive been struggling wiht a book im writting ...for two years! i finnally have a somewhat good first chapter...but i need critisism...and family will only tell you so much....they love it...but thats not enough...any ideas?

Jacquin
March 20th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Put up an extract here. Anything less than 1000 words is fine. I'm sure plenty of people here would be willing to help out.

J

Rira
March 20th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Thank you, that's a great idea! hmmm...i'll have to get it typed up...currently its scribbled on some notebook paper....if you'll give me a minute...or an hour...