View Full Version : Morrowind

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

EscapeFromLife4
April 1st, 2004, 09:02 PM
I just bought morrowind on ebgames i was wondering if its good and what some of the people here thought about it.

Joe

Thingolfin
April 9th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Fantastic story, gameplay's great too. Probably my favorite game of all time. :)

Lomar10
April 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Only about halfway through so far, but loving it. Took me awhile to get into it with the different stats and such. But now that I've moved up some levels and learned the world it's pretty cool. The expansions helped as they organized the journal so it's easier to use.

Loras Tyrell
April 17th, 2004, 11:28 AM
I pretty much loved it, although I was disappointed by the comparatively linear story and small world, coming from Daggerfall.

So I hope they'll go back to a more open-ended game with the next installment. And maybe improve the fighting system a bit.

Overall, I think I liked Daggerfal even better than Morrowind. I'm only playing on PC, by the way. I think that's the only way to play RPG's. Anyway, if you like RPG's, you can look forward to many hours and many late nights glued to the screen.

Greetings
Artaxiad

Eurytus
May 7th, 2004, 12:32 AM
I thought this was absolutely superb. I have probably put in more hours on this than any the game. The wonder of finding an underwater grotto, and undersea statue that talks to you or a Viking burial ship at the bottom of a deep tomb just canít be beat.
But some of the bugs in the game, particularly as you get to higher levels are a bit irritating.

trentdick2882
May 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM
i love the game, the only problem i have with it is how easy it is to be powerful. you play for a couple hours and you can beat 95 percent of the creatures in the game. downloading mods helps this a lot though. actually, one of the best things about the game is the numbers of add-ons available on the internet. it has limitless possibilties with the construction kit. i don't think i could possibly play through all the content available if i tried.

Frostmourne
August 18th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I have it on Xbox, and I truly hate it. It's probably one of the best games out there, but for Xbox it has so many crashes it's not fun to play. Like right now, I'm in a tavern in Balmora, and I can't leave it because whenever I try to open the door, the game freezes.

Anyways, yeah, I don't think I'll get it for the computer, but after reading your replies, I might.

Soon Lee
August 18th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I've been playing it; a lot; but the PC is being fixed at the moment. Got the GotY Edition which comes with the Tribunal & Bloodmoon expansions.

I like that it's not your D&D-style mechanic. Here you level up by how much you use your skills, not by how many monsters you kill.

I like its openness. You could do as you like, as I have, and come back to the main plot when you feel like it. Unlike other RPGS where your decision paths are constrained, Morrowind attempts to not railroad the player into playing the main plot. I understand that the land area for Morrowind is much smaller than Daggerfall - it was a response to players' criticisms the Daggerfall felt too generic with its randomly generated dungeon etc.; so the play area was reduced but with more concentrated detail.

Some have found its openness daunting, being more used to RPGs where they get told what to do, "What am I supposed to do next?". Answer: Whatever you want.

I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much in ages.

Eventine
August 19th, 2004, 03:37 AM
I have it on Xbox, and I truly hate it. It's probably one of the best games out there, but for Xbox it has so many crashes it's not fun to play. Like right now, I'm in a tavern in Balmora, and I can't leave it because whenever I try to open the door, the game freezes.

Anyways, yeah, I don't think I'll get it for the computer, but after reading your replies, I might.

I've got it on X Box as well. I haven't played it much so far because of:
a) the unfamiliar game mechanics
b) I pretty much got my arse handed to me the first 30 or so times I got in a fight
c) Generally if I'm going to play something on the X Box it's for a short term diversion. This game isn't really well suited to that.
d) I'm more for linear style RPGs. ie Icewind Dale is stil probably my favourite.

Darknel
August 19th, 2004, 03:36 PM
This is certainly one of my all time favourite RPGs.
When you can look out across a landscape and know that you can trudge across all of it - immersive, imaginative, quite simply outstanding.

I've played it on the XBox (generally I'm not a huge fan of console based RPGs). It has had some bugs and certainly I would have liked to benefit from all the mods available on the PC. Delighted to hear that a new X-Box version is due out though, the Game of the Year Edition (GotY) which will incorporate Bloodmoon and Tribunal. Hopefully some of the bugs will have been fixed too. Moreover with X-Box live it may well be possible to download mods and patches in the future.

With Fable and a new LOTR RPG all due out soon, is the X-Box becoming the best platform for RPGs?