PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher (?)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Evil Agent
April 24th, 2004, 12:46 PM
So has anyone seen it? I was pretty excited when I heard they were making a new one, but since then my excitement has waned..

First of all I thought they guy they chose looked too small. I just picture the Punisher taller and bigger. Also, the bad music in the trailer was an immediate turn off (reminded me of Hero from Spiderman or something, UGH), and then overall the trailer just looked really weak. Then I read some poor reviews, and kind of lost all hope.

But at least one person has told me they liked it, so who knows. I can't really remember the Dolph Lundgren version that well, but I don't think I was that impressed with that one either.

Any Punisher comic-book fans out there, or anyone who has an opinion on this movie? I haven't seen Daredevil either, but will this prove another disappointing comic book film? The ones I liked most so far have been Hulk (despite poor reviews) and the X-Men series, and I'm not so sure how much I really liked Spiderman.

Shehzad
May 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
I've seen the Lundgren piece of tripe they called a movie, and this one blows it out of the water. Overall a good movie, with a slow build towards a climax. As any other superhero movie, it was burdened with the task of exposition, which it did a credible job with. Not as good as X-Men, but probably as good as Hellboy.