PDA

View Full Version : Another King Arthur movie?!!?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Priestvyrce
April 24th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Do we need another movie about Arthur and his merry band of noble knights?

Well, I've seen the trailers to this movie and though they look nice, I was hoping that they(the movie folk) would try something different. There are a series of books by Jack Whyte called The Calamud (sp?) that are neat take on the Arthurian legends. And I think that they are epic enough and personal enough to make a good movie.

Sparhawke
April 24th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I hear there are two versions of the tale coming out soon; one a re-telling of the legend and one a thoroughly researched account of the actual events that inspired it. I think one is in black and white...

Priestvyrce
April 24th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sparhawke
I hear there are two versions of the tale coming out soon; one a re-telling of the legend and one a thoroughly researched account of the actual events that inspired it. I think one is in black and white...

The one that I was posting about was the re-telling, but documentary one(?) sounds fascinating. Thanks for the heads up.

Sparhawke
April 24th, 2004, 02:55 PM
It's not so much a documentary as a historical action flick.

I hear Keira Knightley's popping up in one.

Priestvyrce
April 24th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sparhawke
It's not so much a documentary as a historical action flick.

I hear Keira Knightley's popping up in one.

Yes,she's to play Guienvere(sp?) in the movie King Arthur . It is the movie that I saw the trailer of and she looks delectable!yuuuummmmy!

Kanin
April 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM
I'm not a big Keira Knightley fan. Too boyish for me.

But, Clive Owen as Arthur should be good.

The previews have my interested up.

Miriamele
April 24th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I saw the trailer for King Arthur and it looks really good--as a historical action movie. The music, costumes, sets, and battle scenes all look rather impressive. I'm just planning on taking it as it is rather than trying to compare it to the multitude of other King Arthur movies and stories.

The Guinevere Kiera Knightly plays is a Celt who goes into battle complete with lack of clothes and blue war paint. It's an nice take on a character who is usually portrayed as being quite feminine and utterly helpless without her knight in shining armour.

Should be interesting, anyway.

Ickle Lulu
April 30th, 2004, 04:50 AM
oh come on!
- you can't get any better than "Excalibur"!!!

Dallandra
April 30th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Well my personal opinion is that there can't be too many King Arthur movies! :D

knivesout
April 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
I've got to second that. Quality varies, but its a tale that one never really tires of.

I don't think Keira Knightley looks boyish - don't even go there!!! :D