Andromeda? I thought some of the effects
quite interesting but it did seem kind of
strange in places. One minute the spaceship
is being sucked into the hole and then its
stuck on the edge of the black hole for 300
years.
Also, when the captain (Ex hercules Zorbo)is
re-animated and finds his people lost a war
300 years ago he decides to put it all back together again where 50,000 ships couldn't...
Quite a herculean task for our hero (heh heh)

chris
December 21st, 2000, 05:42 PM
I dont like the show andromeda very much,i think that kevin sorbo was much better as hercules,sigh its just not the same,

john parker
December 24th, 2000, 02:13 AM
I agree, I have watched the first few programmes to see what they are like, but I find it very disappointing and lack-lustre. It needs a rollercoaster effect where he starts the ball rolling and is joined by more and more craft/planets as they go from place to place bringing unity back to the universe. As it is at the moment he might as well go round in circles. Don't think I'll be watching much more

Cadfael
January 1st, 2001, 05:14 PM
I don't know how far ahead of me you are (I'm in the UK), but I think this series does show some potential. Okay, the first 4 episodes I have watched, are not the best I have seen, but I thought this of Babylon 5, and what a series that turned out to be.

Eldanuumea
April 28th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I have recently discovered Andromeda, and have become addicted. I caught the pilot movie on the Sci-fi Channel a few weeks back and Dylan Hunt impressed me enough to keep watching.

Then a friend from another forum was sweet enough to copy her first season DVD's on tape and send them to me, so I've been catching up on the "backlog" of the show.

Anyone here into Andromeda?

Dominus
April 28th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I used to watch it a good bit when it first started and catch episodes every now and then, but it's one of those shows that you have to keep up with to really enjoy, but it does have one of the coolest characters in all Sci-Fi, Tyr Anasazi(sp), he's just SO COOL.

Holbrook
April 29th, 2004, 12:55 AM
I am sorry, but I only managed to watch a couple of this, it was cheesy, typical US sf similar to Star Trek, Stargate(loved the film, but the series.) Seaquest etc....

We are going to save the Galaxy in the American way, sorry.... but...

Farscape was ok... then it seemed to get sucked into its own black hole...

To be honest the only SF series that I have watched from start to finish is B5 and that had some cheesy, cringe moments as well. Some ep I would and could watch again, others I won't touch with a barge pole...

Eldanuumea
April 29th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I agree about the "cheese".....but heck, I like a little cheese now and then, being the romantic idealist I am....LOL

I don't agree that it is the "American Way" that Dylan is promulgating. It is the idea of freedom and democracy, an idea which has its roots in English common law, Runnymede, John Locke. We got it from the Brits, dear!

The character which most fascinates me so far is actually Tyre Anastazi.....he seems the most complex and interesting.

Holbrook
April 29th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I agree about the "cheese".....but heck, I like a little cheese now and then, being the romantic idealist I am....LOL

I don't agree that it is the "American Way" that Dylan is promulgating. It is the idea of freedom and democracy, an idea which has its roots in English common law, Runnymede, John Locke. We got it from the Brits, dear!

The character which most fascinates me so far is actually Tyre Anastazi.....he seems the most complex and interesting.

Actually Elda if you read the Manga Carta, it is not really about "the rights of the man in the street." It was forced on the King by Nobles who did not want him screwing them to the ground and actually curbing their power. They wanted to keep their wealth and rights for themselves. The normal common man was nothing to any that put forth the Manga Carta save as a source of income. John is a very misrepresented King. Richard the so called Loinheart bankrupted the country twice; once to go and kill his way to the holy land and once to free him when he reaped payment for his own bad behaviour to his allies. He was not the Good King of Robin Hood...

http://www.britannia.com/history/magna2.html everything in this relates to "wealth and property" and the rights of one class. Not to the common man of the time.

John Locke had more affect over the pond than here is generally unknown by the public. As to the vote and freedom, it wasn't until a series of reform acts from 1867 to the last in 1918 that finally allowed all "men" to vote. Prior to that you had to own property to vote I think the property had to worth 10 or more...

We have no written constitution. British law is a patchwork of acts one laid on top of another fiddling things to suit the time.

And yes, to many eyes over here American programmes, especially SF, do lay it on thick, that there is only one way to "live" And even when they make a nod at other civilisations it is "well they don't know better" Sometimes it is so rammed out with such a heavy hand it makes the programmes unwatchable.

Eldanuumea
April 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM
**Bows humbly**

I stand corrected, my dear.
I guess we Yanks are so cocksure that democracy is the foundation for freedom and justice that we have blinders on to the existence of other perfectly functional systems.

I also tend to couple America and Britain in my mind when it comes to such things, and no doubt that is a mistaken idea. :rolleyes: