PDA

View Full Version : Exciting season coming up.....

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Eldanuumea
April 28th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I am really pumped about several upcoming films. I can hardly wait for Van Helsing......the trailers have me panting for the real thing!
Then there's Troy, SpidermanII, Prisoner of Azkaban......a heck of a summer season starting early.

Which films do you think have the best shot at living up to their hype? :rolleyes:

Shehzad
April 28th, 2004, 11:21 AM
I saw an interesting analysis by Rick Norwood over af SFSite.com with predictions on what movies are likely to be like based on the scriptwriters. In the past, his analyses have been reasonably accurate.

His best bets (and I agree with most) include Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Harry Potter, Spiderman 2 and The Incredibles.

Of course, we'll all still go and see Troy and Van Helsing... but Van Helsing is written and directed by Stephen Sommers, of The Mummy fame. I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Eldanuumea
April 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I'm not familiar with Sky Captain, what is that about and who is in it?

I sort of liked The Mummy....the first one definitely better than the second.

Shehzad
April 28th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Sky Captain is a retro-SF movie set in the 1930s about a reporter who teams up with an intrepid pilot to combat an evil scientist who is kidnapping the world's scientists. Starring Angelina Jolie, Gwenyth Paltrow and Jude Law as Sky Captain.

It looks absolutely gorgeous: check out the trailer at www.skycaptain.com.

Dallandra
April 29th, 2004, 03:58 AM
There sure is going to be a lot of movies coming out this summer that I'll have to go and see! Two that I must see are Troy and Prisoner of Azkaban. Also the Van Helsing movie sounds interesting, although I do not know the plot...

Eldanuumea
April 29th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Hugh Jackman in long curly hair, in a long coat, with a crossbow.......what need have we of a plot? LOL

Just kidding, I am not that shallow. Van Helsing is based on the character in Stoker's dracula, the vampire's nemesis. I believe in the film, Van Helsing will be battling several varieties of monsters, with the aid of Kate Beckinsale, the dead sexy vamp from Underworld.

Kanin
April 29th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I guess I'm really waiting for King Arthur.

The trailer was excellent and made me want to see it immediately.

Clive Owen as Arthur is a great choice and I'm glad that the director and producer are going for a more "real" Arthur this time around. In their words, "more like Braveheart and Gladiator..."

The Chronicles of Riddick looks like great sci-fi!! I love David Twohy's films. (The Arrival, Pitch Black, Below).

Dallandra
April 30th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Hugh Jackman in long curly hair, in a long coat, with a crossbow.......what need have we of a plot? LOL

Just kidding, I am not that shallow. Van Helsing is based on the character in Stoker's dracula, the vampire's nemesis. I believe in the film, Van Helsing will be battling several varieties of monsters, with the aid of Kate Beckinsale, the dead sexy vamp from Underworld.

Hugh Jackman....vampires....that does sound interesting! Yup! Yet another movie that I have to see.

juzzza
April 30th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but when is Star Wars Episode III out?

Also, any indication of when X-Men 3 will begin production?

The day after tomorrow looks good in a blockbuster sort of way.

Riddick looks stylish

I am scared but wait with interest for things like I, Robot and Dog Soldiers 2.

Also like crappy films like Resident Evil 2 and so on.

I hope the FarScape Movies happen and the Firefly movies are going to happen.

The Hobbit would be nice.

The Village sounds good.

Eldanuumea
April 30th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Riddick does look good, and I am always anxious to see anything to do with Arthur.

Good question, when is Star Wars III due out?