PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ~ Movie??!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Beldaran
April 29th, 2004, 06:03 AM
LOOK!!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie news
Written by Joe Coeshaw

Friday, 16 April 2004

According to The Hollywood Reporter the Hitchhikers movie begins shooting this month in London. The film is being produced by Spyglass Entertainment/Walt Disney Picture. The director is Garth Jennings, the cast includes Mos Def, Zooey Deschanel, Sam Rockwell and Martin Freeman.

Mos Def plays Ford Prefect, Freeman plays earthling Arthur Dent, Rockwell plays Zaphod Beeblebrox and Deschanel plays Trillian, the trade paper reported.

Additionally John Malkovich might be playing a religious cult leader called Humma Kavula, created by Adams especially for the film. Adams adapted his novel for the screen before he died in 2001.

(http://www.worldsoffantasy.net/content/view/50/29/)

That will be interesting.. or?
and on IMDB:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

Leiali
April 29th, 2004, 08:08 AM
That is awful. There are some things that Hollywood should not touch. I mean, come on.

Though I suppose if they keep the script how he left it then it might not be a disaster...

Miriamele
April 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I don't know about this one. The book is so funny because of the way it's narrated. I'm not sure it would be as funny in movie form. The actual stuff that happens in the story is pure weirdness--it's Adam's brilliant writing style that turns the weirdness into a great book.

trentdick2882
April 29th, 2004, 03:09 PM
i have high hopes for the movie

Archren
April 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I read the book and loved it, and i saw a BBC TV version which I didn't like, but my all-time favorite presentation of Hitchhiker's guide is the original radio broadcasts. I heard them rebroadcast one time, and almost burst from laughing so hard. I couldn't believe that it had actually lost something becoming those great books!

So my loyalty is to the radio series. I'll go see the movie if it is made, but I don't have high hopes for it.