View Full Version : Lord of the Rings film

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Merry
April 10th, 2000, 12:26 PM
This may have already been talked about, but I have not found it yet!!!
Does anyone know any gossip about these films?
I have been to some web sites but have not found them helpful. I know it is being filmed in NZ but that is about it, so I would be most grateful if anyone can help.

Ravenlock
April 12th, 2000, 09:55 PM
I've heard that fellowship of the Rings is supposed to come out around christmas and that recently they released a trailor for it. It was on some offical website, but I couldn't get it to work because the computer I was on didn't have the stuff it needed to play it. That's all I know, but I am excited about them. I'm going to read the books again before I see them so that I'll know if they are like the books or not. It has been like six years since I read them and I don't remember them especially well

Tigger
April 13th, 2000, 06:54 AM
I saw a picture of the hobbit homes the other day and they look remarkably like something from the set of Teletubbies! The hobbit makeup is OK but I'm not sure about the casting.

Ravenlock
April 14th, 2000, 11:26 AM
I think that the people I have heard of in the casting will be good, but that only consists of three people. I've seen things with Ian McKellen and he is pretty good. I also like Cate Blanchet who is Galadriel. I havn't seen Elijah Wood in anything recently so I'm not sure how he'll be. The rest of the cast are people I've never heard of. I hope that the movie is good. If not I'll be very disipointed, we need some good movies

wolfjester
April 23rd, 2000, 06:44 AM
I downloaded the trailor from IGN movies.. go to ign.com and follow the movie link.. i think it is also up on the www.quicktime.com (http://www.quicktime.com) site. To view it get Quicktime (that is the only format i have seen it in) and you can get that at www.quicktime.com (http://www.quicktime.com) as well.

The teaser is short and features somoe small snippets of interviews with elija wood and the director, it also shows some behind the scenes work. I saw some pictures and i was a little scepticle about the project but this teaser laid my fears to rest. For those that cant see it ign movies did a write up on it a while ago if you have got the time to have a look i would suggest you do so.

Ravenlock
April 27th, 2000, 10:17 AM
something i heard recently which i thought was interesting was that on the day they released the teaser more people downloaded it then they did the teaser for STar WArs episode one the day it was released.

Zeddicus
April 27th, 2000, 05:04 PM
The trailer is at http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html

Looks very good IMO.

Merry
April 28th, 2000, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the information, keep it coming!!!
One question though, I downloaded Quicktime as mentioned earlier, and tried to watch the teaser, but it kept showing the first 6-7 seconds then restarting again. What am I doing wrong?!!!! I so want to see the trailer!
My computer is an AMD Athlon 550, 128 Mb RAM, 32Mb Graphic card, so it should be powerful enough to run the software etc. Do I have to register the software and pay a fee before it will work properly?
Any help is extremely appreciated!
Merry

Zeddicus
April 28th, 2000, 05:17 PM
After you click on the resolution you want to see the trailer in, how long are you waiting before you try to play it?

Depending on your internet connection, it will take a good 25 min or so for it to buffer.

There is a slide indicator on the bottom of the viewscreen that tells you how much you have to go.

Merry
April 29th, 2000, 11:54 AM
The trailer starts as soon as I press play, but stops after about 5 or six seconds.

You're quite right, when I try and view a trailer, I do get a bar at the bottom of the screen - if I understand you correctly, this "bar" should get longer as the trailer is downloaded onto my PC?

Thanks anyway, I'll have to be patient and wait abit longer - and run up some more 's on the phone bill! I think I'll buy some more shares in British Telecom!!