View Full Version : Black Mages

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Shanoncia
May 4th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Eh! I was just wondering who else has recently fallen under the spell of the Black Mages. Their a band put together by the Final Fantasy Composer and the variations they do are amazing!

I highly recommend you dl them or find the CD! It's essential for any Final Fantasy gamer. ;)

saintjon
May 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
No I hadn't even heard of them, tell the truth. What's their sound like?

Shanoncia
May 6th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Well... they maintain the same classical appeal as the origional scores, only The are very hard sounding. Don't know how to describe it.... goth inspierd metal core maybe? Or perhaps Metallic Industrial. Very grungy... very dark. I can't get enough of them! I'm pretty sure their site has audio samples...

saintjon
May 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
If I ever get in the mood to use KaZaa again I'll check 'em out.

Shanoncia
May 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Haha, I know what you mean!!! I hate Kazaa now. Gah! WAAYY too much adware, and other computer slugging crap. :rolleyes:

saintjon
May 7th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Speaking of crap, KaZaa is about as co-operative as an ornery wolverine. Do they have any cds out in North America?

Shanoncia
May 7th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure. I ordered mine off the net. :)

Miriamele
May 7th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I recently removed KaZaa and all of the junk that comes with it from my computer (which included one adware program AVG recognized as a virus) and I can't believe how much better and faster the machine is running. I realize now that ALL the adware/spyware I kept finding on my computer came dirctly from KaZaa. I'm NEVER putting it back on.

The only problem is, sometimes I want to try something out before I buy it and now I don't have that option. The Black Mages sound super cool, Shan. I normally like grungy music. Are they really involved with the Final Fantasy composer (can't remember the name at the moment)? Then I have to check them out! I'm one of those nerdy people who actually has some of the FF music on CD... :cool:

Dominus
May 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Kazaa Lite K++ is the best, it's really hard to find now, but if you do, it's great.

fluffy bunny
May 7th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Kazaa Lite K++ is the best, it's really hard to find now, but if you do, it's great.

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite

(ver 2.4.3 was the last one they released)