PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom Menace

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

telemachus
May 17th, 2000, 01:33 AM
Have any of you out there seen the ET aliens in Episode One? It's true.

Ravenlock
June 2nd, 2000, 02:48 PM
I read about them in a magazine article telling about things in the movie most people probably didn't notice. I didn't see them the first time I saw the movie, but I did the second time. Now I point them out to who ever I watch the movie with. I think it is really funny. Another side note about that is that I recently decided to watch ET becuse I havn't seen it in about 12 years and we own it and why own movies if you arn't going to watch them? Any something I found interesting knowing that the ET were in phantom menace is that when they go trick-or-treating in ET and they pass a little boy dressed up as yoda, ET starts saying ET go home and running after the boydressed as yoda until Eliot and his brother pull him back. I found it an interesting connection.

Azurehero
November 2nd, 2000, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I saw them.

Did you guys see Willow at the pod races.

"PLEASE Put me in the Phantom Menace! I was Willow!"

Steven: Fine, you can be an extra.

Rupert Avery
December 27th, 2000, 09:03 PM
Also ... just before the queen is saved by the jedi at the begining of the film you will see a battle droid walking towards the stairs,on his back is the Dolby logo.its pretty cool.as well as the battle droid yelling D'oh when he gets hit with the force from Obe Wan.

Rupert Avery
December 27th, 2000, 09:04 PM
the movie is full of things like this there called easter eggs

Black Echo
February 13th, 2001, 02:04 AM
Another battledroid has 1138 on the back.

Yeah, the ETs are there, you can see them pretty clearly in the Senate, so are a bunch of Klingons, and even some Wookies. I saw Willow, and was wondering if the young 'Greedo' alien was just that, a 'young Greedo'... you remember, the green snout alien that was playing with the sucker like thing and talking to Anakin.

I didn't like SWE1:TPM. It was for people below the age of 10. Very campy. I hope the next movie gets serious. Lucas is seriously undermining his franchise.

Timoni
March 8th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Black Echo, I completely agree.

Where were the E.T.s? I was so turned off by that movie I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

The first time I saw it, I was distracted--mentally willing young Jake Lloyd to MOVE his ARMS every once in a while.