View Full Version : Reality TV

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2]

Metosblat
April 26th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Big Brother is meant to be live. That's probably why it's so bad because they don't have enough time to edit it and make it interesting. As for the social experiment, I think we're the ones that are being experimented on. The TV companies are all seeing how much crap they can shove down our throats before we finally stop watching poor quality programs. Although this experiment might have been going on since Television was invented....

FitzChivalry
April 26th, 2001, 11:33 PM
What makes a good television? Entertainment is a major factor, if it entertains me i don't give a damn if it educates me too or open my mind to new things or whatever.
And Survivor entertains..
The other reality shows i find boring, but that's just me, and if other people find them interesting i can't say it's crap.
Even shows on Discovery or National Geographic that i watch a lot and have "value" i wouldn't be watching if they didn't have a factor of entertainment for me, i only watch the shows that interest me.
So who are you to decide for other people which show is good and which is bad?
If it made you forget your shitty day at work for 30 minutes, that's enough.

[This message has been edited by FitzChivlary (edited April 27, 2001).]

Metosblat
April 27th, 2001, 04:05 PM
I think the appeal has something to do with seeing other people get into arguments and have bad days making you feel better about your own day.
Personally I watch survivor not because it's particularly good but because I've watched it from the beginning and I feel like I know all the people and I wanna see who wins.
Some of the stuff was pretty dramatic i'll admit, like when that Mike guy fell into the fire.
I was really shocked by that. I reckon He would have won. Part of the fun is arguing with you friends about who you think will end up winning.

Rupert Avery
May 7th, 2001, 10:30 PM
With Big Brother only been on TV for just over two weeks here in Australia I have to say I love it!
Why?
I dont know.
Maybe it has tapped into some hidden part of my brain that enjoys this type of voyeurism.
Which is strange because I hate all other"Reality TV",and I dont watch that much TV anyway.
I see most of it over the net LIVE and after a while I try to leave but I can not turn away.
Yes I don need help,so send money now.

Metosblat
May 11th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Anyone here started watching BOOT CAMP.
Haha! Being a fan of Stanly Kubricks Full Metal Jacket I find this show hilarious.

Bree
March 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I hate Big Brother. The contestants do nothing but argue and laze around in the garden for a couple of months. It is completely pointless and downright vulgar at times.

I prefer shows like I'm a celebrity. At least they actually do things, they have to work properly for their food, not paint a picture.

trentdick2882
March 12th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I like Project Runway, but that's about it. At least the contestants actually have to do something, and I enjoy watching any kind of creative process.

iamliz
March 12th, 2008, 10:53 PM
the only reality shows i watch are bueaty and the geek, also occasionaly the real world, though i'm not addicted to either of them.