PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Vol. 2 **SPOILERS**

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
May 26th, 2004, 06:48 AM
For me, better than the first. Less kills but the script was fantastic.

Absolutely brilliant performances, even from the cameo actors. The guy who played Bud's boss had me in tears "That f*ckin hat" and Esteban, brilliant.

And quite simply the best line in a movie to date:

The bride: Am I a bad person?
Bill: No you are a good person, you are my favorite person, just sometimes, you can be a real C**t!!!

Outstanding. And the Pei Mei sequences were brilliant.

Elle and Bud were also great scenes, especially Elle's speech on the Black Mamba.

Ouroboros
May 27th, 2004, 01:03 PM
A very different movie than the first one, and I think now (a few weeks on)- probably a superior one.

Hard to believe that two such contrasting movies were originally intended to be a single entity. SFX magazine comments that the split has resulted in Vo.2 being an 'excellent' movie when judged alone, which would have been submerged into merely being 'good' if placed with Vol. 1.

Vol 1 : Spaghetti tribute to the kung fu movies of the past and anime that Tarantino so admires.

Vo. 2 : a pure western from the get go. Slower, cleverer dialogue, heavier characters and some of the nastiest eye-squishing in the history of western cinema.

Evil Agent
May 29th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I have to agree... SOOOOOOOOOOO Good! Defnitely my favorite of all Tarantino's works.

The funny part is, seeing part 2 made me like part 1 even more... When I first saw part 1 I liked it, but found it a bit shallow... lacking in story and character development. Now that I know the rest of the story, watching volume 1 again is sheer delight! And that KILLER SOUNDTRACK!

Priestvyrce
May 29th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Volume 2 does compliment volume 1 very well. I think that I'll go out on and say that I believe that David Carridine should be nominated for Supporting Actor Oscar for his nuiance performance as Bill. He was scary,cultured and funny. A brilliant performance.

Khallandra
June 11th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Whilst I loved Vol 2 (if you can't half tell from my current avie :) I liked Vol 1 better - though 2 explained more of course. It was good seeing them back to back too.

Pai Mei is just the absolute best Kung Fu Master!