View Full Version : The Day after Tomorrow

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

ChrisW
May 26th, 2004, 10:14 PM
I went into this movie thinking I wouldn't like it and was pleasently surprised :) .

It was a pretty powerful movie imo and well worth a looksee. The one thing I could have done without though was the blatant dig at Bush after the LA storm.

Also I didn't know the statue of liberty was built so strongly ;) .

Anyway i'd give it 9 outa 10 on my scale.

Dominus
May 27th, 2004, 01:42 AM
I was thinking about seeing this, now I will if Cal likes it so much.

Dig at Bush? I could go into a long rant on political/moral messages in films, but I'm tired, and the mods probably wouldn't like it....

ChrisW
May 27th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Yeah I there are plenty of films that have political messages etc and the strong enviromental message in this movie didn't bother me but the Bush thing was imo a personal attack and in quite frankly i'm getting sick of it all. It's everywhere!(cept here ofcourse:))

mb i'm just paranoid.

Dominus
May 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Well, maybe a little, but I'm fairly certain that view won't be so paranoid in the near future.....

Keyoke
June 5th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I just saw the movie, and while I did enjoy it I do have one major issue.

Now, I will throw away all scientific mumbo jumbo to the wind to enjoy a movie, and you kinda have to on this one. And, I did love the 'Enviromental' message the movie sent out.

But..

My Pick..

Which really annoys..

And a Spoiler ahead..

When they decide to stay in the library, they make the decision to use the books as fuel. HELLO!?!?!??!!? There in the library. Every shot had wooden tables, wooden chairs, wooden desks, wooden floor, wooden doors, wooden book shelves.. And they think they oughta just burn the books? WOOD BURNS! My god, how could they not burn the wood?

Everything was fine, because, well, it's a movie, it entertains.. but, WOOD BURNS!

Argh.

Small note, most likely the people of Canada all survived that major storm. Why? Well, we know that wood burns!

Keyoke ;)

Holbrook
June 6th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Small note, most likely the people of Canada all survived that major storm. Why? Well, we know that wood burns!

Keyoke ;)

Perhaps they did not understand that a library had other uses than going in to use the free internet connections? You see they understood wooden chairs were important because you sat on them to watch the TV and play computer games....

spoiler;

#

#

#

I liked the idea that the Royal Family froze ;)

Blackwing
June 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
WOOD BURNS! My god, how could they not burn the wood?

I had the same thought. Maybe the furniture had been coated with something which would make burning it harder. Or something...

Hey, did you also know that cold can't come through doors?:p

Keyoke
June 8th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Really? I didn't know that. Why can't it?? Explain it to us, Mr. Science Guy! ;)

Keyoke

kahnovitch
June 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Hey, did you also know that cold can't come through doors?:p

What about the gap between the door and the floor?
What if you haven't got a draft excluder? :eek:

Blackwing
June 9th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Really? I didn't know that. Why can't it?? Explain it to us, Mr. Science Guy! ;)

Keyoke

Why, it's not science, sir! It's pure common sense! See, doors are built to keep things out. No matter what the "things" are. ;)