PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here like the movie "Judge Dredd"?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj16
May 31st, 2001, 08:26 AM
I've just seen that movie recently and have heard it was based on the Judge Dredd comics, which I haven't read, and I thought the movie was pretty darn good to tell you the truth. I've heard a lot of people thought the movie stank though. Did anyone else here like it or dislike it?

Gamlemshagen
May 31st, 2001, 08:35 AM
Stallone was not tall enough to play Judge Dredd, but i thought it was an ok movie.

Black Echo
June 4th, 2001, 07:13 AM
The movie stank. Bad. Judge Dredd never showed any emotion, he was the ultimate law machine, a by the book kind of person that was a parody of justice. People who dropped a candy wrapper on the sidewalk got 5 years hard labor in a uranium mine. The justice system of Mega-City One was draconian in the extreme.

And one other thing that really killed the movie; Judge Dredd did have a name, but he NEVER (or we NEVER) got to see his face. Anytime he took off his helmet, etc., he always had his face in shadow. To put Sly Stallone's face on such a intensely satiric character as Judge Dredd was a horrible crime.

As always when it comes to movies based on books: "Read the book. Ignore the movie"

Gamlemshagen
June 4th, 2001, 08:15 AM
If you use stallone in a movie, you have to show his face, or else its a waste of money. And the corporations are not intrested in being true to the story, what they want is a consept so they can make money, or else they wouldnt use stallone at all. Sure there were things that annoyed me , but I'm not a big judge dredd comic-collector fan, so I could enjoy it for what it was (most hollywoodstar movies isnt art, its a commodity).
When I went to see this movie at the local cinema, I think I was the only person there. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

If I read the book first then I can go see a movie. But if I see the movie first, I can NEVER read the book.

"There's something rotten in the galaxy"
yup

Demandred
June 26th, 2001, 05:58 AM
A very bad film, completely butchered the comics, never ever show Dredds face, all in all one of the worst comic to film adaptions ever, with the exception of Captain America which was worse.