PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings movie.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FitzChivalry
May 7th, 2001, 10:59 AM
For the lord of the rings fans amongst you: http://www2.tolkienonline.com/thewhitecouncil/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=51

A detailed list of changes that were made in the movie from the original books.
What do you think?

Aleya
May 7th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Very informative link.

To be truthful I've mostly avoided LotR film discussion because so many people complain about it being true to the books, and I just think it's a film, and they will want to adapt it for maximum effect, and I'm okay with that.

After reading the list of changes they made I actually feel a little dismayed though. They've changed a considerable amount. Enough to make it into a different tale, and enough to change the motivations behind some of the characters.

I don't care about wizardly battles, or them having to leave out Tom Bombadil (tho it's a shame, a darn shame). I do care when they totally change the plot though :/

Still we'll wait and see how it turns out. I'm sure it will be amazing to sit through nonetheless.

Aleya - http://silver-oak.com

Rob B
May 7th, 2001, 02:24 PM
I gave it a quick scan wow that's a detailed list.

I've also tried to avoid seeing any of the hype-type stuff, except for the online teaser trailer.

I'll just re-read the books before the movie comes out.

Zsinj16
May 7th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Well, I'm going to try to restrain myself from clicking on the link, even though my hand is madly itching to click that link, because I don't want to see any spoilers about the movie. And it said at the top MAJOR SPOILERS!! Anyway, my little sister, who is about 13, wants to start reading fantasy books this summer, and I recommended that she start on The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I warned her that some of it was pretty long-winded, but it was worth it. She said that as long as it had the elements of Sword & Sorcery, good vs. evil, and fierce battles, she would be willing to read them. She says she definitely wants to read them before she sees the upcoming movies, and believe me, she's really eager to see the movies. WOW!! I can't say how proud I am of my sister!! Most of the kids I know that are her age are pretty reluctant to read books.
I just really hope that she isn't too let down by the ending of the LOTR trilogy, like I was.
I know that I am really looking forward to the LOTR movies!!

i_love_silk_of_drasnia
August 22nd, 2001, 02:18 PM
hey,i was 8 when i read hobbit,and 10 when i read LOTR,i'm 13 now,and i'm still an enormous fan of LOTR.don't give it to age!!!
Now i'm going to give in to pure temptation and click that link,i can't help it,i just hope i'm not going to be too horrified...

i_love_silk_of_drasnia
August 22nd, 2001, 02:55 PM
no!!!!!i cannot believe arwen might join the company in moria!!!they can't put her in-what do they think she is-Xena???this is not in character!Leave the fighting to Eowyn!!!
Actually,i was laughing at the end,this promises to be even sillier than i'd thought.

Cadfael
August 22nd, 2001, 06:54 PM
This is ridiculous... we have three topics about the LoTr movie at the top of the list, sorry guys... but this one is closed, b/c it is one of the two shorter ones.