PDA

View Full Version : lord of the rings(again)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

tamlyn
June 12th, 2001, 12:22 AM
i've seen the posters at the movies and all saying coming soon, but i haven't managed to get into the book even though i've tried a million times and i want to know whether it would be worth watching the movie or not. will it just bog me down and make me yawn all the way through it or....

FitzChivalry
June 12th, 2001, 02:51 AM
Well, i'm not a big LoTR fan either, i don't think it's nothing more than average fantasy series.
But i sure as hell going to watch the movies, movies got a different rhytm and have changes from the books, so maybe what bored you in the books won't be so noticeable there.
Besides, even bad fantasy is better than most of what you can find in other genres, so i'm pretty sure the movies will be fun.

Excalibur
June 14th, 2001, 01:18 AM
LoTR is outstanding. The first 100 or so pages may seem really slow but stick it. It's more than worth it. It's original fantasy and is absolutely brilliant.

i_love_silk_of_drasnia
August 22nd, 2001, 02:14 PM
no,you HAVE to read it,they are just...unexplainable.Listen to Excalibur,and stick it out.you'll be much better off,believe me...

Cadfael
August 22nd, 2001, 06:55 PM
This is ridiculous... we have three topics about the LoTr movie at the top of the list, sorry guys... but this one is closed, b/c it is one of the two shorter ones.