New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

polgara
June 12th, 2001, 02:59 AM
Does any1 watch Buffy or angel?

tamlyn
June 12th, 2001, 05:52 AM
i'm sure lots of people do. i do. like buffy better than angel.

FitzChivalry
June 12th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Great show, i'm a sucker for babes who fight monsters.

Belderan
June 22nd, 2001, 02:59 AM
i can only think of two 'babes' who do that on tv. does that mean you like Xena as well?

tamlyn
July 16th, 2001, 03:50 AM
I was just wondering how vampires rose from graves that have a cross(stone or wood)as a headstone.Does anyone know?

Zsinj16
July 16th, 2001, 08:39 AM
You've got me completely stumped on that one, Tamlyn!

FitzChivalry
July 16th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Well, Tamlyn, i can give you the explanation about crosses and vampires given in the Anita Blake books.
The cross itself has no power over the vampire, what it does (or any other holy symbol the person holding belives in) is to focus the power that is in every human against the vampire, it works because the people really believe the cross is holy and can hurt the vampire.
So if the cross is not in the hands of the human or the human doesn't believe that the cross can help, it won't work.
Stars of david or muslim crescents work too.

[This message has been edited by FitzChivlary (edited July 16, 2001).]

MajicK
July 18th, 2001, 10:53 PM
I like women who fight monsters also, but for different reasons than FitzChivalry, I'm guessing.

But we're missing some: Relic Hunter, Dark Angel, and Sheena (sorta), not to mention the others not on the "regular" channels.

Yeah! Female empowerment! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

cassandra
July 20th, 2001, 07:45 AM
For all the Americans on the board:
Realize and rejoice in the knowledge that Buffy is not over!
Most of you prolly already know this, but the WB sold Buffy to UPN. Angel will still be shown on the WB, but the new Buffy season will be on UPN starting in October.
Also, Buffy reruns starting from season one will be starting on FX in September. Ooooh yeah!

tamlyn
July 21st, 2001, 03:07 AM
i was happily awaiting (and aguessing)the ending to this season some time ago when the newspaper went and told us. I regret ever reading the newspaper.
I felt like saying that.