PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or were any people here dissapointed with the new Star Wars subtitle

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zsinj16
August 16th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Well, as you all know or should now by now, I'm a big Star Wars fan. I enjoy the movies, the novels, and the graphic novels, but I felt sorely dissapointed when I saw that "Star Wars Episode II" was subtitled "Attack of the Clones". Now, I don't mean to be a big critic here, but I was just expecting a more imaginative subtitle such as "Manifestations of the Dark Side" or "A Ripple in the Force" or someting like that. It just seems that the subtitle "Attack of the Clones" wasn't very well thought out, IMO. It sounds like the title of one of those cheesy 1950 sci-fi flicks such as "Attack of the Killer Ants from Mars" or something like that.
I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit too harsh a critic. Does anyone here feel the same way as I do about the new Star Wars subtitle?

Rob B
August 16th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Sounds cheesy as hell

The Clone Wars would have been MUCH better.

Shehzad
August 16th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Well, I'm not exactly a SW FAN but I did enjoy the movies, and I was eagerly awaiting - and massively disappointed by - The Phantom Menace. Now, from what I hear, George Lucas has pulled out all the stops to make Episode II a puke-fest. Not only has he named it (shudder) Attack of the Clones, he has brought back (shudder, shudder) Jar-Jar Binks. What next? Hair-gel jokes from There's Something About Mary? Jennifer Lopez as Obi-Wan's love interest? Britney Spears doing the soundtrack? And what about the rumours that he had offered the part of Anakin Skywalker to Leonardo di Caprio - that would fit in with the whole scenario...

Hmmm.....

Giarc
August 16th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Oh Lord...

I've been a good boy. I do all my chores when I'm supposed to do them. I'm nice to people who aren't nice to me. I wash my mouth with soap if I accidentally swear. All I ask, please oh please, is that Jar jar Binks dies a gruesome, horrible death in the first seconds of the movie and that George Lucas gets a clue.

Amen.

ps. Make him suffer!

http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

FitzChivalry
August 16th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Well, what did you expecet after "the phantom menace" ? another dumb name was expected.
And after Episode 1 totally sucked i have no expectation from Episode 2.
A thought, look how much money Episode 1 did, imagine who much moeny it would have made if it was actually good.

[This message has been edited by FitzChivlary (edited August 16, 2001).]

Alucard
August 16th, 2001, 11:40 AM
I dont have high expectations for episode 2, so maybe I'll be surprised. But if jar-jar is in it, my hopes have actually dropped lower.

But if for some reason this happened, I would enjoy it very much.

Scenario:Chewy's father, known as Chewy senior, makes a cameo and bites off jar-jar's head in the middle of one of his dialogues, and proceeded to stomp on the remains of his body before defacating all over it.

Then, my friends, episode 2 would have oscar written all over it!

Alucard
August 16th, 2001, 11:41 AM
P.s.-I wasn't a big fan of jar-jar

Shehzad
August 16th, 2001, 01:09 PM
For all those who are interested, on http://www.hecklers.com there's a Jar-Jar Binks torture engine. Now pardon me while I get out of the way of the stampede heading that way.

And yes, my sources indicate that Jar-Jar WILL be back.

Cadfael
August 16th, 2001, 02:46 PM
The only redeaming thing about EP1 was Jar Jar, he drew your attention away from the terrible plot... and acting, production, cinematograpy... the lot!!!

Lord Soth
August 18th, 2001, 05:49 AM
How Jar Jar should really die.....

At some point Anakin must cross to the dark side of the force. So why not have the defining moment be Jar Jar saying something stupid ("Lotta people ganna die?" for exmaple) And Anakin is so mad at such inane dribble that he cracks and strangles Jar Jar using the dark side of the force. Thus completing his turn to the dark side!!!

Ah... Alas it would be hoping to much!