PDA

View Full Version : For All The Cartoon Fans Out There:

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Oorag
July 10th, 2004, 08:53 PM
My entire department at work has become obsessed with identifying an obscure cartoon from our collective childhood. No amount of internet-searching has found even a vague reference to it. Maybe YOU could be our salvation and let us get back to work.

The cartoon aired during the early to mid 80's, though it could have originated earlier. The only thing we really know for certain is that it featured a kid who threw a boomerang that would separate in three smaller boomerangs, allowing him to hit three different targets when needed. He was the side-kick or ward of the main hero, and together they had generic adventures on a planet of some sort. The cartoon most likely had a mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements.

Does this ring any bells? Any help identifying this cartoon will yeild the necessary amount of eternal gratitude.

Evil Agent
July 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Sounds SORT of familiar...

I have a similar situation, with a cartoon that involved a group of humans who had a rock band, and got transported into a fantasy world where they became sort of cat-like... the end of the episode always showed actual live-action actors for the characters, playing a song with their band.

That would be crazy if this was the same cartoon you're talking about.

Camrick
July 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Maybe this can be the obscure cartoon rediscovery thread.

Now this one, I'm not even sure if its real or if it was a strange dream in my messed-up mind.

I remember a cartoon where there were a bunch of humans that drove around in these cars on top of huge vines and fought these brain things that hung out in other cars. I remember there being action figures.

Is this real? Or should I be locked up?

Zsinj
July 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
You guys aren't the only ones with cartoons that you can't remember the name of. I seem to remember this claymation cartoon movie that was made for television that involved this Einstein-like mad scientist dude who had this starship that travelled through space and time, and he took these couple of kids with him on this quest.
Camrick, the only thing I can think of that sounds like the cartoon you are referring to is "Jason and the Wheel Warriors", but I'm probably wrong. Maybe it was just all a bad acid trip. ;)
And Evil, the only cartoon I remember with a rock band in it was "Jem", which was a cartoon made for girls. And then there was another cartoon in the 80's/early 90's built around the pop band New Kids on the Block, which at the end had live action versions of them, but that's all I can think of.
And Oorag, that cartoon with the boomerang dude kind of sounds familiar to me.

saintjon
July 12th, 2004, 04:55 PM
LOL omg why don't we have cartoons this cool anymore? if you guys figure out what these are let me know.

phishdog
December 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM
I have been trying to remember the cartoon with the cars on the large vines for years now.

Im 26 and i was in 1st or 2nd grade at the time.

so i was what 6 or 7 at the time?

So the cartoon was in 84 or 85

Quagmire
December 1st, 2004, 01:57 PM
I remember a cartoon where there were a bunch of humans that drove around in these cars on top of huge vines and fought these brain things that hung out in other cars. I remember there being action figures.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Wish this would come out on DVD. I wanna know what happened in the end!!!

phishdog
December 1st, 2004, 02:02 PM
yeah i just found that out!

thanks,,i wish i could remember more about it but I know i loved it.