Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Steven Savile
July 24th, 2004, 01:54 PM
empty empty empty

funky_fantasist
July 24th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Good luck with Ghosts of the Conquered - great title! - you don't mention whether it is being published or not? If it is - or you think it is going to be - my impulse would be to hold the story back and put it on your website as a 'freebie' 'bonus' for your readers... a story set within your world is a little gem!

Cheers
Funky
:D

funky_fantasist
July 24th, 2004, 05:14 PM
but it really depends whether I've sent the mss off to my agent or if I'm having a nervous breakdown instead! ;) I'm extremely focussed on the book right now - hanging out on SFFworld is something of a guilty pleasure!

As I said, good luck with the new book - sounds like PL is keen. He's such a lovely man & a great Ed. LMK how it progresses. I'll be at Eastercon and Worldcon next year so hopefully, you'll make it over from Sweden again...

Cheers
Funky

KatG
July 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Kane -- You might want to hold on to it instead of selling it to one of the mags, in case you decide to do a collection at some point or in case you want to get it into an anthology of some sort. Not that you couldn't necessarily sell it to a mag and then reprint it into an anthology or Best Of collection, but there are a number of acclaimed anthologies out there that might be worth looking into.

James Barclay
July 27th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Morning Kane, hope sunny Sweden is to your liking today...

First, novella publishing, the best (which is the place to start) is PS Publishing. It's run by a superb bloke by the name of Peter Crowther who you may well have met at a BFS convention before now. He publishes new and experienced authors in SF, fantasy and horror (even one of mine, for heaven's sake). Find him at www.pspublishing.co.uk

Second, not sure if I'm at the bash this September. It's that time of year when I'm in full panic mode about the next book so won't make a decision for a while. Knowing you're heading that way is a tick in the plus column, though.

Cheers

NOM