PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode III title.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kanin
July 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
This just in from the official site.

The title of Episode III is Revenge of the Sith.

I like it. It goes well with Return of the Jedi, which some of you may know was originally titled Revenge of the Jedi, but George didn't think a Jedi should have revenge on the mind.

Can't wait until May 2005. I guess the OT (Special Editions) coming out on DVD in September with the sneak peek at Episode III will have to tide me over.

Evil Agent
July 25th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I heard about that too! I think it's definitely the best title of all 3 prequels... so let's hope it's the best film too.

Kanin
July 25th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evil Agent, (love the new avatar, by the way)

I agree, definitely my favorite of the three titles. I hope Revenge of the Sith actually show the killing of Jedi's and not gloss over it. I want to see some really cool lightsaber duels.

Minor spoiler:****************

I wonder who kills Mace Windu. Samuel L. Jackson said his death is really cool.

Leiali
July 26th, 2004, 10:35 AM
It had better be a lot better than attack of the clones. Although I saw both episodes 1 & 2 in the cinema, I was not overly impressed. The darker title implies a more mature outlook - though I have no problem with films for children, I just found the dialogue in the last film atrocious. I thought Anakin was played very woodenly, and that any teenager worth their salt would have much better angstand drama than the one we were presented with by Lucas. Right, I feel better for that rant now. I hope the fight scenes are good....

sojourner753
July 27th, 2004, 11:27 PM
I have to say that being the best out of the three movies is not saying much. The first 2 were IMO awful. I will spare you my endless soap box. Unless you're truly interested of course.

I will admit that yes I will see the 3rd installment. Sort of "putting the nail in the coffin".

I heard that the Star Wars DVDs will actually be the ones with some of the new added scenes. This have to say is a great disappointment. As most of the scenes were useless. Some of the them downright stupid.

Hopefully they will release a dvd with the original movies on them. Or perhaps I will have to make my own from my VHS set.

Miriamele
July 28th, 2004, 07:56 AM
From what I understand Sojourner, the original movies will not be released on DVD. I'm sure lots of fans share your disappointment. Personally I wish Lucas would stop meddling with the original films. After a point, you should just leave it be!

Leiali, to say Anakin was played woodenly in the 2nd movie is an understatement! I absolutely hate the actor they chose and I thought he did about the worst job possible. I've had many arguments about this with my husband (who didn't think he was so bad) but my opinion holds--Anakin basically ruined the 2nd movie for me. I couldn't believe the love story at all, because why would Padme fall for such a dork?

I'm really hoping Revenge of the Sith will be better than Attack of the Clones. And it's a cool name.

Leiali
July 28th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Thank you Miriamele and sojourner, my sentiments exactly!

Iskaral Pust
July 28th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I don't really like the name, it could be a lot worse, but there's no effort or inspiration behind it. Hope I haven't just decribed the film :rolleyes:

Shehzad
July 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Matt Stover, who's writing the novelization for Episode 3, assures us its much, much better than Ep 1 & 2. That can only reassure me.

Eurytus
July 29th, 2004, 03:19 AM
It will be a minor miracle if this film turns out to be anything other than complete crap. For a film to work, especially a film that is going to attempt to be something of a tragedy, you have to care about the characters.

Unfortunately the prior two films have merely presented us with a central trio about which we care not a jot. Obi Wan is the best of a bad bunch but then that is a little like saying Chlamydia is preferable to Syphilis. Anakin appears to have wondered in from Dawson’s Creek and Padme appears to be more robot than the droids and additionally has made Natalie Portman’s performance in Leon look like a total fluke.
Frankly we are not going to care about the troubles facing them.

Before the whole prequel trilogy started there were probably two things we thought would be cool to see. The destruction of the Jedi and the duel between Obi Wan and Anakin.
Both have been scheduled to appear in film 3, rendering the first two films redundant.

For the first element I have lost all interest. I mean look at the stadium fight in AOTC. Now you would be that seeing loads of Jedi fighting would be cool right? But it wasn’t. It was so obvious that all these extras were just waving their “lightsabers” around haphazardly in a blue room with Lucas reassuring them that the droids, lazers etc would all be inserted later so where they sabers went was no problem.
Result? Totally unrealistic and un-engaging fighting.

For a time it looked like element two might be the saviour. Especially after the only jewel in TPM, the saber fight. With that being so good wouldn’t Obi Wan versus Anakin be even better. For a time there was hope.
But AOTC shook that badly. Simply put the fight scene between the two Jedi and Dooku (whose name and Darth Tyrannus alter ego are still two of the most stupid movie names ever) was absolute crap compared to Maul’s. Quick cuts, no wide views, over too quick.
And what’s this about the honourable Jedi ganging up on lone bad guys?

And then we had Yoda……oh dear oh dear. This was probably the most cringe making fight scene I have ever seen in a film. And let’s be honest about this….I’ve seen Steven Seagal movies. It was terrible.

After ROTJ I worried that future films would not match up to the level of ESB. After TPM I knew they wouldn’t. After AOTC I knew that they weren’t even good films judged separately from the originals. They were bad films period.
ROTS is unlikely to buck that trend.