PDA

View Full Version : Farscape: The Peacekeeper's War

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Priestvyrce
July 26th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I saw some previews last Sunday night and Oh.My. GAWD!!!! They looked so swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt!

Can't wait until October gets here!

Khallandra
August 3rd, 2004, 07:29 AM
It'd be nice to actually see the final series of Farscape here :mad:

An8el
October 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Well, October is here and the first two hour installment of the Farscape Peacekeeper War Mini-series was last night on the SciFi channel. I had a Farscape party to watch it with five of my closest friends...three of whom are now new Farscape addicts.

If you didn't catch that installment last night, it's on tonight again, and then you can watch the next and last two hour installment imediately following - so you don't even have to wait for it!

So far, my review is that it's exceeded all of my expectations. Wow. It's got this cool part where the Interons say where the Peacekeepers come from a part of the galaxy that is very obviously Earth's territory, if you're educated enough to catch the mention of it.

Hey, now we even have the new "spoiler" feature to use, except I can't get it to work... (turns out that you can't have any spaces in the brackets, not in the text as I misunderstood. Fortunately the preview feature works...)

Speaking of which, rumor has it that one of the main characters is going to really die, but in the first segment there was only a false alarm when Dargo and Chiana were discovered. However, there is a confusing scene with John on a bed with a voiceover that keeps happening and you can't tell what has gone on for that to occur yet. Farscape has such an interesting twisty tendency to kill off it's characters and then bring them back to life.

So - if you were lucky enough to catch it, what did you think?

Priestvyrce
October 19th, 2004, 11:32 AM
I thought that this was one kick out the jams mini-series. We have Aeryn's birth, John and Aeryn's marraiage :p ,the return of characters that I thought that I would never see again and the final battle was heart rending. It's on again this Sunday at 3eastern/2central in its entirerity. So I guess, no football watching, but more Farscape watching!

D'Argo's death though surprising was heart warming and sad. His send off was fantastic. Yet, I have a nagging feeling that he might come back, if they do more Farscape mini-series and they SHOULD! Plus, Aeryn and John's naming ritual(very similiar to the Lion King's) of their baby and naming him D'Argo will make sure that the name and the spirit of D'Argo will always stay alive