Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

SubZero61992
July 26th, 2004, 10:04 PM
I have created-

Zorlof( Zor-lof) - Ice element humans.

Morphagas ( more-fa-gus)- Shape shifters.

Kelocta- Bear like creature with knife like teeth and claws.

Demonlith- Queen Demon.

Yolief- Tiger like spiecies ( spell that right?) that have amazing speed, shred their prey apart as the blood floats up with a mist, and are attracted to Smell and Heat. ( They really like to raid villages )

The easiest way I have found to create creature is to first have one in mind, no name but what they are and what they can do, then, depending if you have a keyboard, randomly type letters and see what it made. If it doesn't make sense then do it again.

Quagmire
July 26th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Alight your gaze on yonder fabled beasts of yore.

Behold, the rarest of the rare, the mythological two-headed hound born with only one head.

Ooh, and here, out of the mists of history, the legendary esquilax, a horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of a rabbit.

James Barclay
July 27th, 2004, 03:12 AM
An entertaining thread, no doubt, but not for this forum. I've moved it to the writing forum where the creators of many magnificent creatures lie in wait...

NOM

PaxNoctis
July 27th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Lesse...

There's Yebling/Khrohop, which are brother-demon types. One has the body of a tremendous hound and the torso of a man, and the other has a man's body and a bulldog's head. I had a whole religion and ecology set up for them.

Vrulaka belong in my latest work. Their powers are strongest in the dawn, the dusk and in mist and fog. They appear basically as black cloaks that swirl and float without any real visible driving force underneath.

-Pax

Holbrook
July 27th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Daniel, a white-feathered firedrake the size of a house cat. Who tends to be a sarcastic, little busy body, with a huge appetite. He is one of my characters side kick so to speak...

Alisha, a twelve foot long (not including tail) black winged panther.

I suppose those are my two main characters/creatures I have created... not very out of this world. I mainly write about "people"

SubZero61992
July 27th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Daniel, a white-feathered firedrake the size of a house cat. Who tends to be a sarcastic, little busy body, with a huge appetite. He is one of my characters side kick so to speak...

Alisha, a twelve foot long (not including tail) black winged panther.

I suppose those are my two main characters/creatures I have created... not very out of this world. I mainly write about "people"

Side kicks, something I have never really thought about, only seen it in games.

Thanks for the blooming idea.

Richardb
July 27th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Every world has its own set:
My most recent work centers around the lands of Tulisia where dwell the d'rakken mahre (insect like humanoids, think upright ants), and their predacessors k'ahram mahre (winged insectoids). These are intelligent but utterly alien creatures.
In the dark places of the world, the sergath are used as pack animals. They are six legged, stupid, oxen sized lizards. Their favorite meal, and a general bother to travellers is the degan sahre, small bipedal rat like creatures. Smart, wicked, and cowardly.
Out in the high mountain forests are the morkai, stupid, filthy white furred giants.
And finally, to cause travellers in the forests grief are the ska, pig sized maggot like diggers with dozens of sharp digging claws. Known to lay pit traps in the woods to capture prey.
Creatures are the stuff that fantasy is made of!

Holbrook
July 27th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Side kicks, something I have never really thought about, only seen it in games.

Thanks for the blooming idea.

Hope you are referring to side kicks in general not a firedrake like Daniel, he is close to being in print....(fingers and toes crossed)

SubZero61992
July 27th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Hope you are referring to side kicks in general not a firedrake like Daniel, he is close to being in print....(fingers and toes crossed)

Of course I mean Daniel!

No, I meant I had never thought about my main character having a side kick.
You gave me an idea to create one for him.

Richardb
July 27th, 2004, 03:15 PM

And what a fine firedrake Daniel is... it is my fervent hope he is in print at least twice in the near future!

(since daniel plays a great role in something Holbrook, myself, and others of the SFFworld forums have put together!)

But I don't so much see him as a side kick as I do an affliction...