PDA

View Full Version : I need X-Men help! A bit of a re-cap please!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
August 2nd, 2004, 09:52 AM
I used to be a regular X-book reader, but for one reason or another have not be able to buy any comic books since about October and have now totally lost track of whats going on...

I am about to start re-buy them on a regular basis and will try and get hold of the back issues I am missing (they seem to be releasing story arcs hard back form so it shouldn't be to hard - but expensive!)

So I just need a bit of a re-cap... last issues of X-Men I own are where Magneto took over New York and for Unncanny X-Men it was with the Guthrie family farm and all the anti-mutant locals and Angel stuff, but never finished off the story.

Looking at the Marvel website only confuses me more... X-Force back within something called X-Men reloaded? District-X? Whats Astonishing X-Men? Has the rather rubbish X -Ttreme X-Men finished? Can we have Gambit and the others (minus Storm...) back into a decent book?

Can anyone help or point me somewhere that can?

Warewolf
August 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Let's see...in New X-Men, Magneto killed Jean Grey but was eventually defeated. In a story that takes place in an apocalyptic future, The Pheonix prevents said apocalyptic future by going back and telling Scott not to give up hope and making him feel okay about having feelings for Emma Frost. Thus, Scott and Emma reopen the school.

In Uncanny, the girl that Sam's younger brother Josh liked died, but most everybody got out okay. Josh is now at Xavier's.

X-Men Reloaded is just a term for Marvel reloading all the X-books with new talent: Chris Claremont and Alan Davis on Uncanny. Chuck Austen and Salvador Larroca on X-Men (used to be New X-Men). New Mutants becomes New X-Men with same writing team and Randy Green on art. Astonishing X-Men is a new title written by Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly) with art by John Cassaday. District X is a detective book starring Bishop in Mutant Town. X-Treme has been cancelled. Chris Claremont and Aaron Lopresti started a new Excaliber book starring Xavier and taking place in Genosha.

Any other questions?

Wulfa_Jones
August 3rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
Just what I was looking for! Thanks!

Gone are the days of cutting down the amount of X-books that where on the market...

Astonishing X-Men, District X and New X-Men sound pretty good... but otherwise I am disappointed, not a massive fan of Claremont later work (hence the dislike of X-treme) and I really don't like Larroca art work - it feels a like stagnant. Will have to see how things go...

Looking forward to the return of X-Force though... used to love that book until some crazy artist took over quite a few years ago and then it got cancelled.