PDA

View Full Version : manuscript exchange?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

TheGhost
August 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Anyone interested in trading manuscripts for a thorough critique? As in, I'll show you mine, you show me yours? I've got a manuscript -- finished but for some editing -- and I want feedback from people who are not 1) my girlfriend or 2) friends who love to say good things but hate to say bad things.

My manuscript (fantasy) weighs in at about 140,000 words, and I'd be happy to critique a work of similar length. A word of warning: when it comes to providing criticism, I am no shrinking wallflower, but I would expect and enjoy the same in return.

Let me know if you're interested.

The Ghost

SubZero61992
August 3rd, 2004, 02:02 PM
I would be interested if it included Swords or other old time things ( no machine guns or anytihng like cars).
But please know you can only post up t 1,000 words per post.
Oh But I dont have one for you to critique for me.

JRMurdock
August 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
Hey Subzero, the exchange would be via e-mail, not posting. ;)

SubZero61992
August 3rd, 2004, 05:47 PM
Hey Subzero, the exchange would be via e-mail, not posting. ;)

yeah, but if he had some wits to try he could post it in sections.

TheGhost
August 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Nah, I want to exchange by email. 140,000 words certainly does add up, and it's much easier on the eyes. I'm looking to trade with someone in a situation similar to my own: manuscript basically finished, trying to get it published, but wants some unbiased (i.e. non-friend or family) and thorough criticism. Anyone interested?

The Ghost

JRMurdock
August 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
I'm interested. I'm alwasy interested. One caveat. I'm reading a book for another fellow. Now that I'm past the fingers for puppy treats part, I think it'll go faster. (I'M KIDDING :)). Drop me a line at jay@ofgnomesanddwarves.com and we'll trade. I'm not the fastest in the world, but I'll send feedback as I finish parts.

ironchef texmex
August 3rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Oh, kidding are we?

Yes, Ghost. You can send your stuff to Maus. I'm almost done with his third book and he's a good reviewer. At least I think he is... you know... in theory he might be... really not sure... maybe he is... (take that!). :D

Anyway, you may get some messages on this via the PM system. So check it from time to time (It's in the upper right just below the WELCOME THEGHOST thingie).

Also, you might think about dropping Paxnoctis a line. He does a nice job with critiques and has an open offer going for reviews.

JRMurdock
August 3rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Yes, Ghost. You can send your stuff to Maus. I'm almost done with his third book and he's a good reviewer. At least I think he is... you know... in theory he might be... really not sure... maybe he is... (take that!).

I...um....er...And...Yeah...like that.

Hrmph. I'm left. And speechless too.

Oh, hey! I get the book read, no matter how long it takes. :o

I'll come up with a better motto soomer of later.

ironchef texmex
August 3rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
IOh, hey! I get the book read, no matter how long it takes. :o

Oh, we'll just see about that. Just wait until I send you my soon forthcoming 450,000 word chick lit magnum opus "I Love the Way that You Love When I'm Loving You." :eek:

JRMurdock
August 3rd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Chic Lit? Chic Lit? and you think 450,000 words is enough for a chic lit? Pfft. You need a few hundred thousand more words before you can qualify for a cic lit.

and you still won't get me to read it. :)