PDA

View Full Version : Any Fans of Adult Swim?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Priestvyrce
August 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I love this block on the Cartoon Network. Some pretty weird,adult and just plain fun shows are shown during this late night feature. Saturdays and Sundays are the best, mainly they have the "newer" shows on at that time.

Last night was the premiere of the Venture Bros. . This over the edge, free for all bastard brother of Johnny Quest is fast and furious! The best character is Brock. This guy eats,sleeps mayhem! It is a bit violent, but it is so over the top that there is no way anyone should take it seriously. Oh and one of my favorites is going off the air, Aqua Teen Hunger Force . Love the show for it sense of the bizzare, but I think that it is right for Adult Swim to cancel it, since there hasn't been a new show for over a year and they need to make some room.

So are there any Adult Swim fans and what are your favorite shows?

Cymric
August 8th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I love adult swim because it is one of the few blocks of TV that will show anime. My favorite show is Wolfs rain. I also love futurama and the family guy.

Expendable
September 23rd, 2004, 07:27 PM
G4TechTV has anime, but I wish the Anime Network (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/) was available here. Or something like Movielink where I could download anime directly to my computer. *sigh* Better anime that what they've got.

Some anime's coming up with WinAmp's internet tv but I want more. *sigh*

Bitter Buffalo
October 1st, 2004, 02:30 AM
Adult Swim is the most creative TV I've seen in a loooong while. I wish it was it's own channel. ATHF has got to be my favorite at the moment (can't get enough of Master Shake!), but Venture Brothers is getting better with each new episode and almost edges ATHF out. I wasn't a fan of SeaLab 2021 at first but I done a complete 180 recently and I love it now, same with Harvey Birdman. :D

And Adult Swim is one of the main reasons Family Guy is being brought back to Fox. Now if only they'll renew Futurama. :mad: