PDA

View Full Version : Stargate??

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Dragon Reborn
November 5th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Does anyone else share my love of the series Stargate:SG1? I find the background to the whole series enthralling! The idea of the Egyptian gods been aliens.....brilliant....

Dominus
November 5th, 2001, 10:03 AM
I think that the Stargate series is awesome. They have great plots (most of the time), pretty good special effects for a TV show, and great aliens and special characters.

Another movie maybe?

Cauthon
November 5th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Love the show........
Especially the off-world travels.

Lady Fox
November 5th, 2001, 03:11 PM
StarGate SG-1 is my fav scifi TV show. I've heard that the UPN network has picked up the series after it was canceled by Showtime but I don't know when the new episodes start. Anybody else have any info on that?

Dominus
November 5th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Thats sorta weird, in my area, UPN has had Stargate on since the start of the series.

Dragon Reborn
November 6th, 2001, 12:49 AM
I've just started college, and until two months ago, had never seen Stargate. Lucky for me, the people at Sky One must be Stargate fanatics as well!!! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif Not only were they showing one episode a day, right from the beginning of the first series, but also were beginning to show the new series once a week, series 4, i think.

Lady Fox
November 6th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Hey Dominus - those StarGate episodes you are referring to are in sindication, not an original run I don't think. UPN picked up the rights to the re-broadcast about halfway through the 3rd season of the show. And it may not be UPN who has picked up rights to the upcoming season of new shows, I may have the network wrong. Could be the WB or WGN. Anybody have any info for me?

Metosblat
November 7th, 2001, 03:53 PM
I've been watching it since it first started and I'm starting to get bored of them.
It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's starting to rely too much on the comedic aspects of the plot.

Giarc
November 8th, 2001, 06:53 PM
Just call me a junkie. A stargate junkie. *hic* Sorry, that's the heineken talking.
Well, actually it's true and I admit it.

It's about the only SF show I really get excited about anymore. Anyone else miss Bab-5?