PDA

View Full Version : Cartoons that disturb you?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Zsinj
September 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
Have any of you, as a kid, or in the here and now, seen any cartoons on tv that have disturbed you? I remember when I was little, two oldie cartoons that I saw, "Felix the Cat in 'Bold King Cole'" and Disney's "Pluto's Judgement Day", disturbed the living crap outta me. I tried watching them over again a few times, to try to desensitize myself to them, thinking that it was silly to be disturbed/ afraid of just a stupid cartoon, but each time I watched them they seemed even more scary and I was even more disturbed. It makes me shudder even to think about them to this day. :eek: (that's the best I could find for a shudder emoticon :D )
So, has anyone else here ever seen a cartoon that has disturbed them?

saintjon
September 3rd, 2004, 11:24 PM
plenty of disturbing stuff over at www.newgrounds.com, the end of Evangelion really game me the jibblies too.

Priestvyrce
September 3rd, 2004, 11:49 PM
The really disturbing cartoons are the one's that mask the fact that they are really just 30 minute commercials.

Solaar
September 4th, 2004, 01:44 PM
...pingu the penguin...

Solaar
shudder

Zsinj
September 6th, 2004, 01:41 PM
A couple of other cartoons that I found disturbing on some episodes were Eek the Cat and Tiny Toon Adventures. But the two cartoons that win the all-time disturbing award, imo, are Cow & Chicken and Ren & Stimpy.

Priestvyrce
September 6th, 2004, 01:54 PM
A couple of other cartoons that I found disturbing on some episodes were Eek the Cat and Tiny Toon Adventures. But the two cartoons that win the all-time disturbing award, imo, are Cow & Chicken and Ren & Stimpy.

Ren&Stimpy could produce some very gross out humor shows, but they were at least FUNNY. Cow & Chicken was a second rate R&S, still it had some funny moments, especially the ones with Mr. No-Pants( the devil character).

Solaar
September 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM
And is it only me that loves Fairly Odd Parents.........?

Solaar
sits with his kids

Priestvyrce
September 6th, 2004, 03:20 PM
And is it only me that loves Fairly Odd Parents.........?

Solaar
sits with his kids

The softcore version of Cow & Chicken. I saw one episode of the show and thought that it had no appeal to the adult in me nor the kid. It does seem that a lot of cartoons are going in this direction of gross humor that really isn't that gross or odd.

Solaar
September 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM
The softcore version of Cow & Chicken. I saw one episode of the show and thought that it had no appeal to the adult in me nor the kid. It does seem that a lot of cartoons are going in this direction of gross humor that really isn't that gross or odd.

Don't get me wrong - we're both old enough to have seen X amount of kids cartoons over the years, and having 8year old twins I've plowed thru some pretty bad ones via satellite.

It's just that FOParents actually does raise a smile from me every now and then.

Solaar
is easily pleased however

Zsinj
September 9th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Another cartoon that I found apallingly gross/disturbing was the Mega Babies. Has anyone seen that?!! All that cartoon encompasses is potty humor!
Now some here might be scratching their head because they might think I meant that Felix the Cat in "Bold King Cole" and "Pluto's Judgement Day" had potty humor in them, which certainly wasn't allowed back in the 1930's when these cartoons were made. No, they didn't have any bathroom humor in them, what disturbed me was the bizarre methods of torture they had in them.