PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Of Time anyone?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

DragonReborn
August 17th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Does anyone think there should be a movie/tv show based on The Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan? should it be a realistic movie or an animated one?
its probobly impossible to make a film from sutch a wide and complex story but still i want to hear your opinions

FitzChivalry
August 18th, 2001, 03:05 AM
I don't think the wheel of time is a good movie/tv material, you'll get somethign like the Dune attempts only in a long tv series format... and i really don't want to see how ridicilous those Trolloc outfits will be.

Xayn
August 18th, 2001, 01:08 PM
buy the game instead

Lady Fox
August 18th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Definitely not. The story is just too complex for any movie to do it justice. I agree with you FC - those trolloc costumes would probably be pretty awful. And can you imagine how they would try to portray the Aiel? I shudder to think about it.

Cygnus
September 13th, 2001, 05:31 PM
No way.. the story is too complex with too many things that would not translate well into a visual medium. Anyway, the movie would have to be around 400 hours long.. even with an abridged screenplay! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Rupert Avery
September 13th, 2001, 11:51 PM
I think it would be a top TV series.It would just keep going and going and going until time itself stoped just like the books.

Lord Soth
September 26th, 2001, 12:59 AM
God! There's a scary thought, films/series on the WOT books. I can see i'm going to have trouble getting to sleep tonight!! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm afraid my answer has to be a big fat NO.

Billy
December 19th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Now, I like The Wheel of Time series, so don't get me wrong, but I think it could make a great soap opera. They could just get the cast of something like Days of Our Lives (plus a few million other extras) and away they go.

Aylis
December 19th, 2001, 02:11 PM
And if there ever was one, you might get some complaints about racism in the movie/show or a review about how Hitler would love it or perhaps even how the movie/show was based on recent events... and since there are also those characters that are pretty much slaves, the ones with the collar...(sorry don't remember what they're called) people would say that the movie/show was advocating slavery or something. Even worse, the world would be infested with these terrible WoT action figures. After this whole LotR ordeal, I'm not sure if I could stand through it again. Don't get me wrong here. I think LotR: FotR will be a brilliant movie. But all the toys, the dissing of the story itself, saying the story reflects something recent, etc is just too much.

Dominus
December 19th, 2001, 02:23 PM
If it is ever done, it will have to be anime to even be considered to get done.

Respondi