PDA

View Full Version : Got CRS.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Bullwinkle
September 7th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Many years ago I read a short story and I cannot find/remember the title or author. The gist is: A rocket ship lands on a new planet. However the people on that planet are not excited, because Jesus had just been there. The captain of the rocketship takes off to catch Him, but he never will.If anyone can remember the title and or author or knows where I can find this story again please help me. Thanks.

Sammie
September 8th, 2004, 08:03 AM
I'm going to move this to Scinece Fiction, as that sounds like the place where you will be most likely to find a helping hand. However, if you think it's more of a Fantasy-type book, let us know and we will move you again!!

Sammie.

knivesout
September 8th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Oh, I know this one! It is by Philip Jose Farmer...I think the name was Jesus On Mars? Or am I mixing things up? Sorry, I am certain someone will confirm or correct me soon, it is quite a well known book, I think.

Expendable
September 8th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I know this story.

I'm not sure what the title is or who wrote it. But its an old story, I think it was in an anthology edited by Issac Asimov or his magazine. I'll try to find it.

fortytwo
September 8th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Try "The Man" by Ray Bradbury.

Bullwinkle
September 8th, 2004, 07:06 PM
42 suggested that I try The Man by Ray Bradbury. I have a copy of The Illustrated Man by Bradbury. The story is in it. That is the one. 42 Thank You so much. I will reread it tonight. Thanks again.

Bullwinkle.

fortytwo
September 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM
42 suggested that I try The Man by Ray Bradbury. I have a copy of The Illustrated Man by Bradbury. The story is in it. That is the one. 42 Thank You so much. I will reread it tonight. Thanks again.

Bullwinkle.

I'm pretty sure this question about that story has cropped up before on this forum, but here's the spooky thing- I was reading The Road to Science Fiction by James Gunn yesterday and that story was mentioned in it. So I had the opportunity to look clever when you asked about it. :)

Solaar
September 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM
...shame on you 42 - you'd nearly impressed me :D

Solaar
doesn't take much