PDA

View Full Version : Fat woman, Poor woman: a story in the submissions area

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

theredpen
September 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Check out my story and find out my real name. I wrote this very long 13, 060+ word story back in January. Have sent it out once, full of typos. I just fixed most of the typos (in the version on my computer, just recently.. but didn't bother to have the online version removed and replaced with the fixed version, blah, blah, suffice to say the version on here is still a typo mine zone.) It has just been sent off yesterday to yet another 'big' magazine. If you have an hour or so please read it. No, I don't hate fat people. I have been both fat and thin myself, and both rich and poor. I find it an interesting subject is all.
Thanks, theredpen

Expendable
September 9th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Fat town?

A strange story, but not so different.

theredpen
September 9th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Expendable,
Could you explain to me your definitions of 'Strange' and 'Different' ? as I percieve that they are essentially the same thing. Are you saying it is an odd story or that you have read something like it too often or both?

Expendable
September 10th, 2004, 12:10 PM
You've created an odd story where the struggle to stay thin has been turned around into a struggle to get fat.

You can't help but feel sorry for Echo who becomes a slave when her mom's fortunes wane and her resentment at what's happened to her, totally outside of her control.

It's a good story but you forgot to put a link here or its name so I had to guess which one was yours.

Dawnstorm
September 10th, 2004, 04:23 PM
It's this one (http://www.sffworld.com/community/story/17p0.html), isn't it?

I'll read it (have read the first 3 pages, but ended up copy pasting into word and save for a later read).

So far, I like it. :)