View Full Version : SHREK

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Rob B
May 20th, 2001, 02:35 PM
I saw SHReK yesterday and I must say, it was one of the most visually stunning films I have ever seen. The CGI animation was spectacular.

The story was very fun, poking a lot of fun at past Disney movies (Katzenberger, one of the producers was previously a Disney guy), some good humor.

Overall, the most fun I've had at the movies since Gladiator.

Umesha Chalanie
May 23rd, 2001, 12:57 AM
I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT! No, actually, I can, I'm just a tad high at the moment - sure it'll wear off soon though.
Shrek pokes fun at Disney? What, exactly? Oh, I LOVE Disney. It brings out the li'l nine year old kid in you...

Cygnus
May 29th, 2001, 07:33 PM
I went to this movie thinking that it would be okay. I left feeling that I had just seen one of the best movies ever. It was SO much better than I expected! The Disney jabs are hilarious not to mention all the other humor aimed at an adult audience. I'm a big sap, so I found the movie quite touching as well. Go see this!!!

Belderan
July 5th, 2001, 04:26 AM
definetly one of the great animated flicks.
my fave bit was when lord Farquaad was torrturing the gingerbread man, classic! (hi everyone, i'm back. now i know you all missed me terribly)

Barbarossa
July 6th, 2001, 07:38 AM
My favorite scene was the one with the bird, I almost fell out of my seat laughing.

MajicK
July 8th, 2001, 10:12 PM
One of the funniest movies I've seen...laughed quite hard at the part where Pinnochio says "I'm a real boy!!" even though that doesn't sound the least bit funny when I say it http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/frown.gif

avsgrrl
October 24th, 2001, 11:30 AM
This movie is going to be out on Video on Nov.2

As a mom who's son is still running around yelling Orge... this is wonderful

Valada
October 24th, 2001, 07:42 PM
Barbarossa - agree with you completely (unexpected but hilarious - and just when I was beginning to groan and saying "I thought this movie wasn't like that?!").

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time...

Lord Raziel
October 25th, 2001, 12:45 AM
Its been a while since I posted here. i hope you guys remember me.

getting back to the topic, I thought Shrek was an outstanding movie one of my top all time and possibly the best all summer . besides The Others.

I have to second you on that FF ,and I didn't even see it in the theatre. I downloaded it on my computer the second week it was out. The quality that I got on my 15' monitor was great. So i would like to see what it looks like on a big screen or better yet on dvd playing on a projection HD TV. Same goes for Final Fantasy. all of the movies that I have seen since this summer about 40, I have downloaded while they were still in the theatre, which is good due to the nonexistent amount of money I have. but I will definately be seeing LOTR in the theatre.

Barbarossa
October 25th, 2001, 01:15 AM
On a side note, for those interested, Dreamworks picked up the rights for Terry Pratchett's Bromeliad trilogy (Truckers, Diggers, Wings) and put the team that made Shrek, on the project.

Sounds promising to me.