PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Leap

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Lani
October 7th, 2001, 05:44 AM
There has been a discussion in the other forum where the Quantum Leap was mentioned. I watched the series long ago, but I never managed to see the ending. Can someone tell me what happened in the finale?

Cadfael
October 7th, 2001, 05:53 PM
A quick potted version, ask for more details.

Of course if anyone want to write a full report please do...

Okay... Sam leaped to a bar, and the bar man seemed to know everything about Sam. He though he was there to save some miners from a 'cave-in???'. But he was actually there to be told that the 'fixing' would get harder, the bar man was either an angel or God. Sams last job was to leap back to Al's girlfriend, and he just told her to wait... that Al was a prisoner, and he would return home.

So Al married her, they were married for years and years, had kids...

Dr Sam Beckett never returned home, he is still out there fixing things... and that is what the up-coming movie will cover.

NOW!!! I bet you did not know that??

Shehzad
October 7th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Full report coming up soon.

Rob B
October 8th, 2001, 03:09 AM
This was one of the few GOOD science fiction shows on TV.

It is currently on re-runs on SCIFI channel. Funny thing about the guy in the bar on the last episode, he was a bartender on the first (or VERY early) episodes that was recently re-run.

They are making a feature film of Quantam Leap??

OOOH boy!

Shehzad
October 8th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Right....

Sam leaps into a bar in the middle of some unknown place. The interesting thing is that he has leaped into himslef - that is, he sees himself in the mirror as opposed to somebody else's face. Also, he leaps in at the exact date and time he was born. The bartender is a strange character, because he knows a lot of answers and he certainly knows more than he lets on. He seems to be a higher power - but what exactly is not elaborated. The characters that Sam meets are all from previous QL episodes, inclduing the kid with Down's syndrome and Evil Leapers.

In the end, the Bartender tells Sam that though he has done much good as a Leaper, he made one mistake - he didn't help Al. Al was a POW in Vietnam, and his first wife (Beth if I remember correctly) reamarried. Al went on to have a lousy life, marrying and getting divorced several times. So Sam goes back, tells Beth, and fixes the problem.

He then heads off to tougher assignments, fated to Leap from time to time, fixing historical mistakes...

A very good end to an excellent series. My biggest heartbreak was that our TV did not carry the whole series, only one and a bit seasons.

Lani
October 9th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Thanx for telling me the ending. I was wondering hoe it ended for quite a bit of time. Now I regret I couldn't see this last one. I really hope they are gonna show this stuff all over again, so I might catch the stuff I missed.

fluffy bunny
January 15th, 2002, 01:38 PM
It was a brilliant final episode for an excellent show- this is what i want to see on tv, not x-files or star trek.

Shehzad
January 16th, 2002, 06:57 AM
A brilliant, inventive show. Like what The X-files used to be.

Cygnus
January 16th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Upcoming Quantam Leap movie?! Care to shed more light on that Dennizm?

I'm so glad this is now in syndication here in the states. It's on every night at 11 on some cable channel, and I try to catch it often.

[This message has been edited by Cygnus (edited January 17, 2002).]