View Full Version : Enterprise

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dominus
November 26th, 2001, 12:12 AM
When I first learned that a new Star Trek series was coming out, I decided that this one was going to be the first series that I actually tried to watch as often as I could. So far, I really haven't been disappointed by the series at all. As its technology has progressed, the series looks very nice and I like all of the characters a lot. I think its good that they went back to the beginning of Star Fleet as this will really reinforce the basis of all of Star Trek, exploration.

Your thoughts?

Constitui

SusF
November 29th, 2001, 03:52 PM
I enjoy this show a lot. It reminds me more of the first series. All of the things they encounter are new to them, their science isn't perfect, etc. Heck I don't think they have the Prime Directive yet. I wonder if we'll find out how it got put into law in the first place.

Susan

An8el
December 1st, 2001, 01:04 PM
I had higher hopes for the characters than what I've seen pan out so far. I remember how stiff the characters were in NGen at the start, then later they loosened up with each other, much the same as in real life. The characters in ENT haven't gotten comfortable with each other yet, or so I see. Possibly because of the formality of "Tpol" the vulcan watching over them?
I really enjoyed it in a series how as each of the episodes evolved, the characterizations evolved too.
Essentially, maybe I've become impatient with episodic stories; meaning the episode you see portrays a story and at the end of that story the characters return to "normal" somehow. I seem to be much more interested in chronological stories, where the characters are irrevocably changed by stuff that happens to them in the episodes.
For instance in that episode where the engineer got "pregnant", I would imagine he'd get teased by the crew after that episode for some time...but the next episode it was as if that never happened. I guess it's a "design flaw" but I don't like it.
I'll keep watching, though.

JanosNekat
January 10th, 2002, 01:58 AM
Enterprise is a very good series an d a very good starting point to the Star Trek storyline. I just saw the first part of "Broken Bow", and it looks really good. I taped it, and have to watch the second half as soon as possible. As for the rest of the shows, they are very good, and I can't wait to see the five new shows that are starting this upcoming week. From the commercials, it looks like T'Pal and Archer are starting a romance... hmmm. Something to watch for.

JanosNekat
(A Star Trek enthusiast)

James Barclay
January 10th, 2002, 11:04 AM
It only kicked off here in the UK this week. The feature length episode was OK but a little disjointed. Too much deperate character relationship establishment which could have been played out over a whole series. I worry it'll be too like Kirk and Spock etc but with extra effects. Still, I'll watch for now. Doesn't do to judge any show on a first episode.

Giarc
January 11th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I'd like to be able to comment on how it has developed but I can't because the local stations have been repeating episodes 1-4 for the last few weeks! I dunno what's going on with TV over here. Consequently, I no longer bother to tune in. My interest has been lost until such time as they start playing new episodes regularly.

Carmichael
January 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
FYI Giarc...

The stations around here always run repeats during the holidays. I guess they figure that no one is actually watching these shows during that time.
It's a pain in the keister...

Carmichael

SusF
January 11th, 2002, 05:15 PM
A string of five new episodes starts this week.

I was channel flipping Wednesday night and there they were, T'Pal and Tanner rubbing oil over each other again. This is the third time I've seen that scene and I still don't know what they were doing. (besides talking about Archer's injury that is).

Nice abs though.

Susan

Giarc
January 14th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Carmichael. I've nearly convinced my wife to let me get satellite (no cable service here) so I'm hoping the same isn;t true of the SF channel etc http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Dominus
January 16th, 2002, 06:29 AM
First new episode comes on tonight, can't wait!

POST 1,000 IN THE TV&FILM SEC. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Respondi