PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Revenge for sale!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

aftermath
September 29th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Hello, all. I know's it's been a while since I've been here last, and I have a reason. my pc died. utterly and totally. And I jsut got a new one :D

But anyways, I just wanted to say my short story, Hunting Revenge is for sale on my site. And I already sold a few copies! YAY! The story is basically about an Elf that losses everything that is close to him and goes out hunting revenge. Along the way he gets caught up in something huge. If you wish to read a preview of it
www.geocities.com/xir_ralum/dosa.html (http://www.geocities.com/xir_ralum/dosa.html)

There you can also gain info on buying a copy, mayhaps? :rolleyes:
Well i hope you enjoy the preview, if you care to read it.

Rocket Sheep
September 29th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Why not sell it on ebay like this guy:

MS for Sale (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=268&item=6929031456&rd=1%a0)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Rocket Sheep
September 29th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Richard Herley... who wrote three top selling novels, one made into a movie, sold them over the internet with an honesty box paypal system... people ripped him off big time and he closed the site.

Sorry to be a drag Aftermath... but I don't think this is going to make you rich. ;)

Glelas
September 30th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Is that E-bay thing a joke?
Please tell me this a joke... :D

Rocket Sheep
September 30th, 2004, 07:55 AM
If it is a joke the guy better give up trying to write satire!

I think it really is as pathetic as it seems! :eek:

Miriamele
September 30th, 2004, 09:22 AM
That ebay auction really is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen...this guy is trying to sell an unfinished manuscript, with an orange bristol board cover written on messily with marker, for 150K, flat? And his self-advertising blurb is one huge, enormous, never-ending paragraph! And he's obviously just a kid! I have a strange feeling he's not going to get any bids on this one...

Anyway Aftermath congrats on your story (and your new PC!) :)

aftermath
September 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I never expected to make more than a few bucks of it. I'm just trying to get my name out on the market somewhat. I've looked into several different ways, and they all consisted in me selling my rights. lol. no chance in hell to that one, so i though, hey lets see if i can make a few bucks. and also. the im hungry part is true. im a college student that ran out of food and money a week ago..lol! :D

hehe..

SubZero61992
September 30th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I understand Elves are big famous creatures, but it is so originol now to have elves.
Although you can't change the past, I would suggest only having the Human speicies as an originol race.
Other races I would make up, but thing like vampires, they are okay.
But to me, too many authors are using elves and dwarves, which is too boring for me.

What is the problem with making up a creature that is the same as an elf but with a different name? Dwarves the same.

We need a newer generation of fantasy creatures, some authors already have created newer ones.

SubZero61992
September 30th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I never expected to make more than a few bucks of it. I'm just trying to get my name out on the market somewhat. I've looked into several different ways, and they all consisted in me selling my rights. lol. no chance in hell to that one, so i though, hey lets see if i can make a few bucks. and also. the im hungry part is true. im a college student that ran out of food and money a week ago..lol! :D

hehe..

And I would guess that money paid for a computer?

Really man, think before you do.
I don't want to flame you or make you feel bad.
But I thought it would be illegal to sell an un-published book?

Guess not.

Oh, and an other thing, who bought he first copy if that is any of my buisness.

Rocket Sheep
September 30th, 2004, 07:18 PM
It's not illegal to sell an unpublished ms.

Aftermath, I don't know how many copies you have to sell before the first rights are used. You should check out the copyright law on that so you know where you stand.

It will possibly be an interesting exercise... altho, I think you may have to get used to being hungry, but students are meant to be hungry... it is a coming of age thing... or else who would go to those cheap restaurants that advertise all you can eat for $5. Problem is, that you spend the next ten years trying to overcome a terrible urge to shove food in your pockets at parties. :o

Miriamele... didn't the pathetic ebay guy say he had kids? :eek: