PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter movie, anyone?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

erianne
October 21st, 2001, 10:45 AM
So, the Harry Potter movie is coming out in November, right? Is anyone else excited for that? And do any of you know if they are going to keep the movie completely true to the book? I hate it when movies change the original plot around!

Lady Fox
October 21st, 2001, 11:16 AM
I plan on seeing this movie. I think the plot will stick fairly close to the book, but I'm sure there will be some differences. There always are with a movie adaptation.

Alucard
October 21st, 2001, 05:58 PM
I'm looking forward to it, and though I'm not crazy about the director, I think it's being handled very well(thanks to rowley being very involved with the film.) I read that the director said the movie to be ninety five percent true to the original story, making only minor changes when completely necessary. But I guess we'll find out how valid this statement is once it's in theaters next month...

Valada
October 21st, 2001, 07:24 PM
I actually haven't read the books, and was a little sceptical about the movie (as I usually am when I hear of any book being made into a movie), but saw the shorts the other day... and woah, the visuals look great! I'll probably go and see it, just for curiosity's sake, although after seeing the preview I'm actually looking forward to it!

Hobbit
October 22nd, 2001, 10:16 AM
Got my tickets yesterday to see the film on November 10th. To be honest, it's more of a 'family thing' - my eldest son and daughter, not to mention spouse, have all read the books, whilst I ...haven't. Good casting though, and it looks good.

Personally, I'm looking more forward (and also with horror, just in case it's an almighty obscenity!) to the Lord of the Rings.

Hobbit

Valada
October 22nd, 2001, 05:56 PM
Ooo, the Lord of the Rings movie... (drooling in anticipation). Looks good so far!

Barbarossa
October 22nd, 2001, 09:54 PM
Here it starts on Nov. 21st. I will get a dozen tickets today for me and my friends, for a English language preview (here they dub everything usually). No chance of kiddies at midnight in a foreign languae version http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

Lord Soth
October 23rd, 2001, 12:55 AM
I'am looking forward to the Harry potter movie but want to read the books first.

As to LoTR I'm looking forward to that one as well. It may be one of the few cases where I actually enjoy the film more than the book as I actually found the book hard going at times....

Shehzad
October 23rd, 2001, 04:01 AM
Will probably never be released here...

Sammie
October 24th, 2001, 12:41 AM
Stop with the sympathy digs already!