PDA

View Full Version : My Dear Friends

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Merancapeman
October 5th, 2004, 01:14 PM
It is very good to see you all. Many of you may know me, and many of you may not. I can barely remember names, so forgive me. I'm an oldy here, and proud to say it. I used to come here for comfortable talk and drinks. (A long story, of course..... That is why I am here, no? Long stories?) Well, I am here for a different reason. I am writing a book and I plan to make it so good that it will change people, like LOTR. However, I can bet millions of people are saying the same thing I am, so let me present myself. It's going to be mostly fantasy and I have a basic web of ideas and I've written 50 pages so far. Look, it is more than a dream, more than a hope, more important than anything I've ever done before. I need all the help I can get from anyone. I'm not only an aspiring reader and writer, more than INspired, but I am simply a hopeful. I mean to change that. Written but never published, mentioned but never honored and dreamed, but never wished. With the help, wisdom and advice of many of you friends, I can do this. I may not be the best writer, but I certainly will be among them in my life. I am not talking about a child's dream, I'm not talking about a pact we used to make when we were kids. I mean to do it, I mean to become someone. This isn't just about a book. It's about a Legacy, about a new bible, a new sensation for those who feel the wind that pours over the mythical land that I create. Who understands my call? Or, more importantly, who will answer and join me in my... well... - Due to an absence of a better word - Quest?

Expendable
October 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like you're inspired. Should be interesting.

Chris G.
October 5th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Whats that, like.....30,000 words? Double spaced or single spaced, Times New Roman or Courier?

Let us know. Put up stoory synopsis so we can get an idea of what your book is about.

BeardofPants
October 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I wish you all the best on your quest type thing. :)

wow, first post in the writer's forum... that wasn't so scary;)

Rocket Sheep
October 5th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Another quest Merancapeman? My wool's only just grown back after the last one! ;)

So you're starting at the top huh? "One Book to Change Them All!"

You don't want to start smaller? Short stories for semi-prozines or ezines or something like that? It helps to have a list of prior publications when you send the "One Book to Change Them All!" to the publisher.

Eldanuumea
October 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Merancapeman, I see you've traded your piano-playing for book-writing. Best of luck with your book, mate. ;)

Merancapeman
October 7th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Alright, fellows. I thank you... Well, I WOULD reply to the story synopsis deal, but I just don't think I could describe it. I could SEND someone wha I have so far, but I don't know who would WANT it, considering it's almost 50 pages so far (I have about 25 or so pages redone and edited). I could write other things and publish them, but I don't really know how, don't know where and I don't have money. I mean, hell, you shouldn't have to pay too much money to show people your creative side, you know? Yes, bud, it's times new roman and double spaced.

P.S. I could SEND someone a synopsis, considering the only way I reach this site is by school at 7:30 in the morning; I cannot write one on the internet. Is anyone interested?