PDA

View Full Version : Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Kingu
October 13th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Anyone playing this game? I played the first of the series and liked it; I started this one a few days ago, it really seems amazing. Are there some players to give a few hints to enjoy it to a maximum?

saintjon
October 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I love this game. I've been playing it a lot with my buddy for the last 2 weeks or so. Um, I find going all out evil for a game or 2 from time to time is actually pretty fun. Be especially cruel and heartless to the stupid halflings. They have it coming after all. lol

For maximum hero slaughter (yay!) whip up a weapon with double strike and life stealing at the old item forge. It's the gift that keeps on giving :D

Actually my favourites so far to play are dwarves, earth magic rules when you specialize in it, huge global bonuses. Glad you're enjoying it though :)

Kingu
October 15th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Nice to hear of somebody else playing this game. Did you try it online?

saintjon
October 16th, 2004, 10:13 AM
No actually I never did, I'm curious as to how the simultaneous turn mode would feel. usually if I play multi-player it's jsut with some buddy or other who happens to be visiting

Shehzad
October 18th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I'm playing it now and enjoying it. Age of Wonders is a fun, though challenging, series. AoW2 was especially hard towards the end-- 2 scenarios, one of the Life and one of the Death ones gave me major headaches.