View Full Version : Board games, card games.....you get the gist

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dominus
October 16th, 2004, 12:22 AM
I've always loved playing board or card games, but until I came here for school, I pretty much only played at familly gatherings. Now I play Magic: The Gathering at least once a day, on Sundays for about 6 or so hours, as well as other games such as Settlers of Catan (GREAT game), Hex, Hex (ADDICTIVE), Cranium(good fun for all!), and of course, poker and the like. I just can't get enough of them, though especially Magic. Any other board or card game players here?

Erfael
October 16th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Used to play quite a lot of chess, but that's tailed off now in favor of go(http://playgo.to/interactive). In addition I have a poker group that we try to get together once a month or so, but we're now coming from a hundred or so miles apart to play, so don't make it every month. Besides that, I'm a word game junkie, Scrabble, Bethump'd With Words, Captivation--and a trivia game junkie, Trivial Pursuit and the like. I also really like abstract strategy, but other than the really big games--chess and go--it's hard to find anyone to play those.

saintjon
October 16th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I got a chance to play the A Game of Thrones board game by fantasy flight games about a couple months ago and it was huge fun, one of the best strategy board games I've seen.

Archren
October 16th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I love strategy board games! I don't get to play them as often as I like, but I do love 'em.

Risk, and many of its variants.
Web of Power
Carcasonne
All the Catan games
Trivial Pursuit is a different category but I love it too.
Monopoly
Weird games like "Kill Dr. Lucky" and "Devil Bunny Needs a Ham" from the amazingly wonderful Cheapass Games company.
Peurto Rico

All sorts of games.

Dominus
October 17th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Hehe, the cool thing is that I can probably find any card or board game that people post here that is available in the US, since there is this awesome store near me that has tons of them. Is the Game of Thrones game really, really good? I mean, I have so many chances to play card and board games now that I'm always looking for something new to get.

Eventine
October 17th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I don't mind a good game of Cribbage or 500.
I used to be massively into Magic: The Gathering around 5 years ago, but haven't even looked at my cards in yonks. I did buy the X Box game of it though.

Dominus
October 17th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I'm actually in a Magic draft right now, I've only been playing a few months but I'm already addicted to it, I carry my decks with me everywhere at school just in case someone is up for a game, and someone usually is.

saintjon
October 21st, 2004, 11:45 PM
Dominus: In a word YES! It most certainly is really really good, and I've been told that if you get the expansion it's even better. There is no board game I can see myself wanting to play more.

Dominus
October 22nd, 2004, 01:00 AM
In that case, I'll pick it up next month when I have money, the great thing about going to my school is that someone is always willing to play a game with you. :) You should see how many people play Dungeons and Dragons, and with Dave Arneson as a teacher......I won't even go into that, lol.

saintjon
October 25th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Awesome hope you like it!

My gaming groups are all scattered all over the place now. Such a bummer. Internet gaming gets me in touch wiht some of them, but then there's the hundred thousand morons to contend with also.